DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two Smart Controllers for the price of one....morality test inside

dcpmark

Reactions
So, I ordered a Smart Controller from Best Buy on September 23rd, and it was supposed to arrive on the 27th. I checked the tracking number on the 26th, and it just showed that the label had been created.....nothing else. No delivery date. On the 27th I called the shipping company, and they confirmed they never received the package from Best Buy. I called Best Buy, and was told they was nothing they could do until after the package did not arrive on the 27th.

The package did not arrive on the 27th.

On the 28th I called Best Buy, told them the package had not arrived, and after investigating it briefly they considered it to be lost in transit and shipped me another one at no cost. About an hour later the first one arrived at my door, even though the tracking number still shows but nothing had happened with the package except the label has been created. I immediately called Best Buy back to cancel the second one, and they told me that it was too late to cancel it. Two days later the second one arrived. I have only been charged once, and the tracking number on the first Smart Controller still shows that the shipping company never got it.

I know what I’m going to do, but let’s hear what you guys have to say! :D

Last edited:
Soon or late they are going to figured out and will try to charge your credit card for it or ask to return one of them. I will explain the situation to the manager. If they just never call you will wont be surprise either. I know a person got 2 iPhone X in similar situation 3 years ago.

You can never go wrong doing the right thing.

So, I ordered a Smart Controller from Best Buy on September 23rd, and it was supposed to arrive on the 27th. I checked the tracking number on the 26th, and it just showed that the label had been created.....nothing else. No delivery date. On the 27th I called the shipping company, and they confirmed they never received the package from Best Buy. I called Best Buy, and was told they was nothing they could do until after the package did not arrive on the 27th.

On the 28th I called Best Buy, told them the package not arrived, and after investigating it briefly they considered it to be lost in transit and shipped me another one at no cost. About an hour later the first one arrived at my door, even though the tracking number still shows but nothing had happened with the package except the label has been created. I immediately called Best Buy back to cancel the second one, and they told me that it was too late to cancel it. Two days later the second one arrived. I have only been charged once, and the tracking number on the first Smart Controller still shows that the shipping company never got it.

The very best thing to do is sell me one of the controllers! I've been looking at them, looks like a sign from heaven!

• Haha
Reactions: Emanáku
The very best thing to do is sell me one of the controllers! I've been looking at them, looks like a sign from heaven!
LOLLLL... including forum member discount !!!

Reactions: Chip
Had a similar thing happen recently. Ordered about $60 worth of pet food from Chewy. Never showed up, although it showed as delivered on tracking. I live in a gated community and have cameras all around my place (I own a security company) :). Called Chewy and told them it didn't arrive. They replaced the order. Two weeks later I get a call from my next door neighbor telling me they had a package at their front door for me (the house is used as a ski chalet and they rarely visit this time of year). Called Chewy to arrange a return on the duplicate order, and they told me to just keep it. Well, okay then - thanks!

Otherwise I would not keep something I didn't pay for.

I had a faulty new MP1 battery back in the day. I contacted DJI and sent it back for a replacement.
When they then returned it to me they mistakenly included a complete refurb MP1 aircraft!

Of course I contacted them to say "errr what?" and just got a shirty response with a label to return it to them at my own cost!
A couple more back and forth emails and they graciously agreed to pay postage ???

I never got a thanks or even any acknowledgement for having to waste a couple of hours fixing their mistake.

Still, I'd do the same again - the right thing to do is the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: bumper and zeusfl
In contrast to that, I was once sent a Playstation 3 by mistake from a mobile/cell phone provider that was supposed to be a "new customer only deal". I contacted them and they said "keep it, it's not worth our hassle to restock it" ?

Reactions: zeusfl
I would be exhausting all options to send it back anyway but especially when it's an expensive item like that, even putting ethical choices aside I'd be concerned they'll find their error later and be difficult to work with.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago with an Amazon Kindle which hadn't arrived so I contacted Amazon who sent out a replacement but then the original one finally turned up. I wanted to keep it so contacted Amazon and organised payment which appeared to be fine but they didn't take payment so contacted them again, appeared to all be ok again then they didn't take payment. This went on for a couple of months and then I gave up since they couldn't seem to handle anything do with this Kindle which on their systems didn't exist plus I figured if they did sort it out they'd only be billing me £90.

Reactions: Malcx
I had a faulty new MP1 battery back in the day. I contacted DJI and sent it back for a replacement.
When they then returned it to me they mistakenly included a complete refurb MP1 aircraft!

Of course I contacted them to say "errr what?" and just got a shirty response with a label to return it to them at my own cost!
A couple more back and forth emails and they graciously agreed to pay postage ???

I never got a thanks or even any acknowledgement for having to waste a couple of hours fixing their mistake.

Still, I'd do the same again - the right thing to do is the right thing to do.
You mean they sent you two?

No - I sent them only a faulty battery for replacement.

They then sent me a battery AND a Mavic Pro 1 (fully working refurb)!
Wow! How does such a mistake happen? I wonder if it'd happen with an Inspire 2 or Matrice 300

On the 28th I called Best Buy, told them the package had not arrived, and after investigating it briefly they considered it to be lost in transit and shipped me another one at no cost. About an hour later the first one arrived at my door, even though the tracking number still shows but nothing had happened with the package except the label has been created. I immediately called Best Buy back to cancel the second one, and they told me that it was too late to cancel it. Two days later the second one arrived. I have only been charged once, and the tracking number on the first Smart Controller still shows that the shipping company never got it.

Have you considered the environmental cost of sending it back?
1. Fossil fuels burned by trucks/planes on return delivery
2. Trees killed to provide paper for shipping label
3. Tape for packaging wasted
4. Electricity used to communicate while setting up return process
5. Space used in a landfill for discarded return packaging
6. Rubber worn off the soles of the employee restocking the item.
Don't you care about polar bears?

Have you considered the environmental cost of sending it back?
1. Fossil fuels burned by trucks/planes on return delivery
2. Trees killed to provide paper for shipping label
3. Tape for packaging wasted
4. Electricity used to communicate while setting up return process
5. Space used in a landfill for discarded return packaging
6. Rubber worn off the soles of the employee restocking the item.
Don't you care about polar bears?

A polar bear at Amsterdam zoo once looked at me funny - so yeah I was thinking of those treacherous ba$tDSDFs when I chose to ship the mavic back.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov