DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Type of glass on smart controller

tlap

Reactions
Sorry, I believe there may be a thread on this but can't find it.

I'm curious about the type of glass on the SC. It it plain or a type of gorilla glass? I conducted a search of this, the DJI forum and a Google search and was unable to find the answer. I was just on technical support from DJI (on 7-23-20) and after checking in-house, they asked for my name and email and told be they would have to have an engineer contact me with the answer. When I searched the DJI forums, I found that "following up with an engineer" is the standard response given by DJI staff. I told the DJI tech support person that I was curious because I wanted to know whether or not a screen protector would be necessary. They told me that they recommend a screen protector. Whether or not they say that to sell screen protectors, I don't know but my guess is that it's just standard glass and they don't want to admit it for marketing purposes.

I'll report back here if I ever do hear differently from their engineers.

Reactions: Gindra
Me too I put the protector straight after I opened my sc .
I totally agree with Raven I don’t like scratches or dings on the screen ,
Although my iPad screen is all cracked after one of the cats threw it of a counter , so now my sc goes right back into its case when I’m finished with it .

And yes the cat is still alive !! .
The same cat the vet told us he wouldn’t make it to the end of the month , well that was a year ago and he is catching mice and throwing stuff of tables and counter tops !!!.

don't know but my guess is that it's just standard glass and they don't want to admit it for marketing purposes.
I've been using the SC for over a year. Much use is in less than ideal environments. This includes hiking in remote areas and several days on the Oregon Coast with salt water air and at beaches.

There are no scratches or deformities on my SC. Although one feels safer with a screen protector, to me these defeat the main purpose of the SC which is to provide a clear view without the need for a sunshade.

Need some help I have bought some tempered glass so they said and when I got it wasn't glass. does anyone have a link where I can get the glass one

Not sure I can help but I ordered the following on Amazon:

Miroksh DJI Smart Controller Screen Protector Tempered Glass Monitor Screen Protective Film for Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom Drone Enterprise RC Remote Controller Anti-Glare 9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Waterproof

I just took it out of the package a few minutes ago. I have to tell you, it feels flexible, like heavy duty plastic to me. I never ordered something like this before so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. It did get a 4.5 out of five rating from reviewers though. Notice the word "film" in the title. I think I should've looked closer.

The Skyreat 2-Pack Screen Protector Compatible DJI Smart Controller,9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass for Mavic 2 Smart Controller is the Amazon choice in this area. I'm not sure what it takes to get an Amazon choice selection though. Just search for DJI Smart Controller Screen Protector in this forum and on Amazon. I've heard some say there's a good one that comes out of Germany.

Last edited:
Not sure I can help but I ordered the following on Amazon:

Miroksh DJI Smart Controller Screen Protector Tempered Glass Monitor Screen Protective Film for Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom Drone Enterprise RC Remote Controller Anti-Glare 9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Waterproof

I just took it out of the package a few minutes ago. I have to tell you, it feels flexible, like heavy duty plastic to me. I never ordered something like this before so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. It did get a 4.5 out of five rating from reviewers though. Notice the word "film" in the title. I think I should've looked closer.

The Skyreat 2-Pack Screen Protector Compatible DJI Smart Controller,9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass for Mavic 2 Smart Controller is the Amazon choice in this area. I'm not sure what it takes to get an Amazon choice selection though. Just search for DJI Smart Controller Screen Protector in this forum and on Amazon. I've heard some say there's a good one that comes out of Germany.

Tempered glass is normally very rigid/ hard and does not normally bend and flex.

Reactions: ff22
Tempered glass is normally very rigid/ hard and does not normally bend and flex.

Very hard and rigid until it spontaneously implodes - the house shook and I thought there was an accident out on the street. My shower wall. Somehow the door (right clear glass) was still hanging by its hinges.

Attachments

• IMG_20190831_2241378.jpg
    IMG_20190831_2241378.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20190831_2052070.jpg
    IMG_20190831_2052070.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: Greenflash
I just purchased and installed the Skyreat Screen Protector (9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass) for Mavic 2 Smart Controller. I can confirm that it's thin glass. Contrary to some experiences I've read, it applied easily and its screen sensitivity is great. The trick likely is to make sure that screen is clean first. Feels like it did before I put the screen guard on. I recommend this product.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000