DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAS Light Show

Very cool! Every time I see one of these it makes me want to see the software used to design and fly coordinated, automated flights like that. Does it work like a mix of Litchi and some 3D modelling software? It'd be fun to see behind the scenes of putting one of these together.

Very cool! Every time I see one of these it makes me want to see the software used to design and fly coordinated, automated flights like that. Does it work like a mix of Litchi and some 3D modelling software? It'd be fun to see behind the scenes of putting one of these together.

Wonder no more!

Wonder no more!

Thanks! VimDrones is light on the details they've translated. But there's a small screen shot of the control software. It almost looks like it might be timeline driven. Maybe you drag moves for the drones to perform onto the timeline like clips to a video editor timeline. It'd sure be fun to play with a system like that and a hundred or so drones!

Do some research on 3D Matrix multiplication. That is the basic software tool used to control the placement of the drones in 3D space.

Found this on social media, I'm sure some of you have seen similar things:

Probably the beginning of a new era of lightshows.
Or something even more nasty. A swarm of drones that would be able to work together to take down an aircraft? That was the subject of NCIS New Orleans last night. I'm sure government(s) are working on ways to stop this from happening.

I thought you were not allowed to operate drones in a swarm?

I'm sure government(s) are working on ways to stop this from happening.

There are tons of ways to safely down a UAS and are commercially available, I know the armed services all have devices that can bring down military grade UAS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_