DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAS Pilot's Code

lightbg

Reactions
As some of you may have taken the Embry-Riddle MOOC on sUAS last week, you know that they are in the forefront of sUAS matters, especially flight safety and airspace rules. I received a posting that announces a free downloadable document concerning the "UAS Pilot's Code". You can get any of three versions here:

UAS Listings Page

The three versions are 2, 15, and 110 pages in PDF format. Basic common sense, but a great overall resource in helping anyone fly safe.

Jake

Reactions: ksmusa
As some of you may have taken the Embry-Riddle MOOC on sUAS last week, you know that they are in the forefront of sUAS matters, especially flight safety and airspace rules. I received a posting that announces a free downloadable document concerning the "UAS Pilot's Code". You can get any of three versions here:

UAS Listings Page

The three versions are 2, 15, and 110 pages in PDF format. Basic common sense, but a great overall resource in helping anyone fly safe.

Jake

I've tried several times to access the page in your link. No luck. I searched for it another way and still can't see the site. Is it down or am I having having a series of my usual stupid fits? Thanks

I've tried several times to access the page in your link. No luck. I searched for it another way and still can't see the site. Is it down or am I having having a series of my usual stupid fits? Thanks

Try the direct link here:

www.secureav.com

In the middle of the page there is a call out that says "New: U A S Pilots Code"

Hope this helps.

Jake

Reactions: CornerGuy
Too many pages for the average hobbyist to read! They need to try again and get it down to one page.

Too many pages for the average hobbyist to read! They need to try again and get it down to one page.
If you check my original post you'll see that there are indeed 3 different versions of this report: 2, 15, and 110 pages each.
I fell asleep reading the 110 page one; if I had to memorize it I'd take up bowling... :)

Jake

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
All seems like reasonable stuff to me, too bad they are just recommendations that even if followed, still does not make a difference to the FAA.

One thing that Embry-Riddle could do is try to get the FAA to recognize that they are a "nationwide community-based organization" and that this document is a "community-based set of safety guidelines," as the AMA did. (once they get it down to one page)

Reactions: GLJones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead