DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV app settings for MM?

Drony_Drone

Reactions
Does anyone use the UAV app? If so what are the settings specific for it to set for the MM please? Screenshots would be appreciated.

Thanks

The app is widely used to determine flight conditions, specifically wind speeds at different altitudes and the number of satellites available in the area the app is opened in. It’s not completely accurate but very useful. IMO it’s mainly used to see if it’s safe to fly.

I set mine for a max gust of 20mph at 200’ and have never had a problem. Use common sense though and fly into the wind if approaching max wind. If too windy for MM, find something else to do. Even the big drones seem to have their limit. Best wishes & enjoy your MM.

I use it every time.
Now I've also added two websites to my home arsenal: windy.com and ventusky.com

Is that the only setting, to set the gust max and a height? I thought they were maybe more that’s all.

Thanks

Is that the only setting, to set the gust max and a height? I thought they were maybe more that’s all.

Thanks
You’re correct, I forgot about the temperature setting. I set mine to 20 degrees F but I sit in a warm car and fly when it gets that cold. I have read that some fly in much colder weather. Read up on cold weather flying if that applies to you. I’m sure there are multiple threads on this forum about that. I learned there are some precautions to keep you out of trouble.

With the exception of Visibility, none of those have any effect on drone flying and can be safely ignored.

Really, so the amount of sats doesn’t matter! Not according to manual, and the MM now won’t take off without 8 locked.

The KP does affect I believe the compass or something and can cause problems?

Really, so the amount of sats doesn’t matter! Not according to manual, and the MM now won’t take off without 8 locked.
None of those settings in UAV Forecast make any difference.
Wherever you go, as long as you are out in the open, you will always have more sats than you need.
So there's no point bothering with a forecast of sat numbers.
The KP does affect I believe the compass or something and can cause problems?
You will find people that will tell you KP index might have an undefined impact on GPS satellite reception.
But they don't know what they are talking about.
It's a myth and no-one has yet had a problem that could be verified as being caused by a high KP index.

"WINDY" is an invaluable site. So much info available.
My favorite feature of Windy is the map with the designation for local weather sites. You click on one of those and you get a graph of ACTUAL wind min and max. I have seen wind forecasts of 20 mph gusts and then looked at the Windy graphs near where I am flying and found the actual gusts have not exceeded 6 mph.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear