DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV FORECAST alternative ?

mr.jipi_

Reactions
Does anyone have a cheaper iPhone alternative to UAV FORECAST ? I love that I can have a quick overview of when in the upcoming days I should be able to fly, but I find the price very high (40$/year) for a simple app that uses open source data.

Reactions: Droniac
Free for me too. I haven't had a need to upgrade as it provides wind reports a day or two out. Anything beyond that is subject to drastic change anyway.

free here as well

Looks like the AirData app gives the same sort of info/format (for >24 hours)...plus all of your flight stuff (if you use it)...for free.

I just look at the weather forecast for the coming week and then use the app day before or on the day
Failing that I look out the window

Reactions: itsneedtokno
It isn’t a bad idea to learn to read METAR and TAF reports. If you ever think you might want to test for your part 107 you will need to be able to read them.

It isn’t a bad idea to learn to read METAR and TAF reports. If you ever think you might want to test for your part 107 you will need to be able to read them.

Or you can call your local AWOS. Gives you accurate and current information. All you have to do is look it up online.

Don't know anything about the UAV forecast app but I use this for free: New York City, NY 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground click on the "10 DAY" link

It gives everything for the next week on one screen including temp, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, chance of rain, amount of precipitation, and lots more. The only piece of information it's missing that I sometimes find useful is cloud height. If I want to know that, I also check the local airport's TAF or METAR report.

Does anyone have a cheaper iPhone alternative to UAV FORECAST ? I love that I can have a quick overview of when in the upcoming days I should be able to fly, but I find the price very high (40$/year) for a simple app that uses open source data.
In the UK I have tried every app available including this one. I have not yet come across one that says its safe for me to fly. I have changed the parameters and all conceivable settings. Every single one says Not good to fly no matter what. As such I just check the windspeed on my phone. Excellent results and it never says Not good to fly...lol.

Don't know anything about the UAV forecast app but I use this for free: New York City, NY 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground click on the "10 DAY" link

It gives everything for the next week on one screen including temp, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, chance of rain, amount of precipitation, and lots more. The only piece of information it's missing that I sometimes find useful is cloud height. If I want to know that, I also check the local airport's TAF or METAR report.
Does it show winds at various altitudes?
UAV does.

Reactions: Rchawks
In the UK I have tried every app available including this one. I have not yet come across one that says its safe for me to fly. I have changed the parameters and all conceivable settings. Every single one says Not good to fly no matter what. As such I just check the windspeed on my phone. Excellent results and it never says Not good to fly...lol.
Is it always wind that has it say "not good to fly" or other reason?

Just opened UAV Forecast (which I would recommend) and it said it was good to fly for me. I tried changing the wind speed and height and I can get to say good or not good. I’m puzzled as to why it won’t work for you.

Is it always wind that has it say "not good to fly" or other reason?
No. There are other parameters you can set which will also trigger “not good” - visible sats, for example.

Reactions: Droniac
I am new so I realize the post is not new but I’m able to access “drone weather” on my “Zon Alex device”. Kinda cool to wake to. I also peek at Aura (free download) which is ... very forgiving.lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143