DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forescast APP <<Why visibility is always 10 miles?

SothisUK

Reactions
UAV Forecast App is awesome, but have a little problem when showing visibility, it sets always at 10 miles no matter what time, day, is always 10 miles.

If I pay the subscription that setting is active? In UK that setting does not work? It will very useful setting if you want to record nice videos.

You can see further than 10 miles with your naked eye? Wow. ;)
It’s probably an upper limit cap. Probably when it’s foggy or misty that the visibility is reduced.

you can see further than 10 miles with your naked eye?

You did't understand my question or I explained bad...

I said in the app is always 10 miles but I experienced sometimes looking the recordings, no way that visibility was 10 miles, was much less.

look the picture attached, no way this is 10 miles visibility. Or I'm not understanding what visibility stands for.

Attachments

• visi.PNG
    visi.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
Was that overexposure on the camera or just foggy?
I think the 10 miles visibility is some sort on standard, use for driving, commercial flying, etc. And visibility is more to do with your eyes, not camera.

You can see further than 10 miles with your naked eye? Wow. ;)
It’s probably an upper limit cap. Probably when it’s foggy or misty that the visibility is reduced.
It's not unusual to be able to see further than 10 miles.
If you go to Caloundra, you can see Cape Moreton 40 km away on a clear day.
In New Guinea with clear air, I could see very high mountains >120 km away.
You may be correct about an upper limit.
10 miles might mean 10+ miles?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I said in the app is always 10 miles but I experienced sometimes looking the recordings, no way that visibility was 10 miles, was much less.
Or I'm not understanding what visibility stands for?
The app is only a forecast and it's only going to be as good as the data going into it.
It might be that they aren't getting good visibility data from your part of the world.
Checking on a day when visibility is obviously reduced by fog or heavy rain should give a good idea whether the app is giving you reliable information or not.

On a sunny day you can see 93 million miles..but seriously try using the TAF of nearby airfields..there are free apps and whilst not designed for drone pilots they do give accurate forecasts based on local actual weather and normally forecast for the next 12 hours. Try an app called AeroWeather it’s free and will give you a good heads up as to the local conditions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty