DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV map question

slozukimc

Reactions
I am going to try to attach a pic of the UAV map for where I live. Am I even allowed to fly at my home with all of the small airfields nearby? What are the rules for recreational flight in this location?

Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• 65A6AB98-950D-474F-A8AD-77242E8DECAD.png
    65A6AB98-950D-474F-A8AD-77242E8DECAD.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
Try B4Ufly instead, much easier to understand if it is okay to fly. Looks green to me, with the caveat you have what looks to be an uncontrolled airport near by, so keep a sharp eye out for GA traffic (don't launch in the flight path of private planes).

Here's a link near your location:

https: // b4ufly.aloft.ai / ?lat=42.3987141930281&long=-76.85876909723723

Try B4Ufly instead, much easier to understand if it is okay to fly. Looks green to me, with the caveat you have what looks to be an uncontrolled airport near by, so keep a sharp eye out for GA traffic (don't launch in the flight path of private planes).

Here's a link near your location:

https: // b4ufly.aloft.ai / ?lat=42.3987141930281&long=-76.85876909723723
Thank you. Being new I forgot about b4ufly. Much better. I have a lot of learning to do.

I am going to try to attach a pic of the UAV map for where I live. Am I even allowed to fly at my home with all of the small airfields nearby? What are the rules for recreational flight in this location?

Thanks, Mike
UAVForecast is an okay map you typically have to go to "map" view to really get a good idea. Yet, Aloft / B4UFLY do a better job at identify any real issues and will mark them and state what they are. B4UFLY even has a web version which I like to look at prior to going somewhere as the screen is much larger than a tablet / phone.

I mainly use UAV for weather and fly / no fly conditions related to weather (esp winds) / sats / etc. It too has also proven to not be 100% accurate as well in those mentioned areas. I have gotten "red no fly" conditions on UAV and was not the case where I was flying. I do like the wind warnings just to be on safer side - yet it is up to every pilot to decide the amount of risk they are willing to take to fly in less than "perfect" conditions - esp wind and wind gusts in the 25+ mph range. Since I don't go for range, flying in higher winds is doable if kept close, watching your battery levels, and lower altitudes.

UAVForecast is an okay map you typically have to go to "map" view to really get a good idea. Yet, Aloft / B4UFLY do a better job at identify any real issues and will mark them and state what they are. B4UFLY even has a web version which I like to look at prior to going somewhere as the screen is much larger than a tablet / phone.

I mainly use UAV for weather and fly / no fly conditions related to weather (esp winds) / sats / etc. It too has also proven to not be 100% accurate as well in those mentioned areas. I have gotten "red no fly" conditions on UAV and was not the case where I was flying. I do like the wind warnings just to be on safer side - yet it is up to every pilot to decide the amount of risk they are willing to take to fly in less than "perfect" conditions - esp wind and wind gusts in the 25+ mph range. Since I don't go for range, flying in higher winds is doable if kept close, watching your battery levels, and lower altitudes.
Thank you. I am finding that the UAV app tells me no fly pretty much all of the time here. B4UFly will likely be my go to from now on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143