DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UFL to RP-SMA pigtails for controller mod - higher quality available?

The Bob

Reactions
Just looking for better quality... maybe it is what it is? I did search the googs and found 2 sources.. MaxxUAV (just ordered a set today) and also SkyDronesUSA (replacing / see photo)
I was kind of hoping for a bit better quality than what I am seeing from these 2; especially for $20+ a set. Perhaps a bit better wire/shielding and termination to the U.fl and SMA connector ends. Had some signal issues and had to crack the controller open to investigate... found this failed SMA connection / pinched (my bad) but the connection was very poor to begin with; was working for the past year but apparently barely holding on... by a few wire strands.

Last edited:
Maybe I am asking the wrong question but to any modders out there that modded the antenna... what did you use?

I also found these from ALIENTECH (much cheaper in cost... better quality?)

Last edited:
Maybe I am asking the wrong question but to any modders out there that modded the antenna... what did you use?

I also found these from ALIENTECH (much cheaper in cost... better quality?)
I just installed the Alientech Duo antenna which came with the Quick Release SMA. Definitely better quality then the others like 4hawks & ltelite. But the one you shown look different. Its look better quality than the others
c573212b4240c81efcc993c540e0df59.jpg

BTW its costs US$10 for shipping to US

Reactions: The Bob
MaxxUAV Quality is pretty good so far. Much better signal now. I was also a bit more careful with the routing of the wires so I am sure that helps.

Reactions: Jeffm912
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_