DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

I tried the steps in page 1.

The 1km line always in -90 and 4km always in -100.

Does it mean no FCC?
there are differences between Android and IOS.
with Android you can unfortunately not force to FCC mode.
With IOS you can, confirmed with the MOD 2.2
But that is a lot of work to get that working without jailbrake, at least I have not yet succeeded (even with Altsigner)

to see if you are in FCC mode is extensively described on the 1st pages

Last edited:
there are differences between Android and IOS.
with Android you can unfortunately not force to FCC mode.
With IOS you can, confirmed with the MOD 2.2
But that is a lot of work to get that working without jailbrake, at least I have not yet succeeded (even with Altsigner)

to see if you are in FCC mode is extensively described on the 1st pages
the easiest way to have fcc you need both - android and IOS.
on android you switch to fcc at home using just fake gps.( 1km above line)
For flying you use IOS as it only keeps FCC on all the time.(line is above 90db)
I can also all you say that FCC works on each model of MA2 and you dont need signal measure device to check it.
Just switch transmission for 5.8Ghz
For CE I fly away for about 600 to 800m, in FCC there is possible to do it 2-3 times further. As according specification Ce signal has 14dbm but Fcc has 26dbm.For long distance where 2.4Ghz is used there is not so big difference but still visible.

Reactions: crosswired
For CE I fly away for about 600 to 800m, in FCC there is possible to do it 2-3 times further.
Thats pretty rubbish range mate, I got that on wifi with a Mavic mini.
TBH im not sure you're getting FCC enabled if thats all you're getting.

Reactions: EQUANT
Thats pretty rubbish range mate, I got that on wifi with a Mavic mini.
TBH im not sure you're getting FCC enabled if thats all you're getting.
You dont understand.I made test with 5.8G just only for test purposes as you dont need to fly 8km away to prove that it is real FCC,normally you use dual band .. and when I fly away 3 km in some not clear area on CE I will get 5km in FCC

You dont understand.I made test with 5.8G just only for test purposes as you dont need to fly 8km away to prove that it is real FCC,normally you use dual band .. and when I fly away 3 km in some not clear area on CE I will get 5km in FCC
Hmmm, goes against what @bennohimself found after trying the gps spoofing and then the hacked app.

Reactions: Rekal007
Hello guys, as gb160 tested with IOS, I now present Android and IOS (unhacked) data.

Put my aircraft in a Microwave, unplugged of course. Ran up 2 stories in my brick and concrete house. Put the remote in a fixed place. Spoofed the GPS to various places. Whenever I can, I set the Transmission to Manual 5.8Ghz as this has the most difference in transmission levels between regions (CE=14dBm, FCC=26dBm) Started in Malaysia:

Screenshot_20200522-111900_FakeGPS_Malaysia.jpg

See signal strength indicator : Full bars.

Belgium :
Screenshot_20200522-111645_fakeGPS_Belgium2.jpgScreenshot_20200522-111651_FakeGPS_Belgium.jpg

As you can see the 1km lines move to ~90dBm levels. Signal strength dropped very much in 5.8Ghz.

Next up good Ol'Texas.

Screenshot_20200522-111746_fakeGPS_USA1.jpgScreenshot_20200522-111423_FakeGPS_USA2.jpg

Full strength.

Now, various places like Indonesia:
Screenshot_20200522-112111_fakeGPS_Indonesia.jpg
(CE region)

Hong Kong:
Screenshot_20200522-112553_FakeGPS_Hongkong.jpg

Next I hook up my Ipad, and did something similar. Spoofing done via Android, to various locations, then immediately switch the RC cable connection to Ipad.

Same as above was noted, except the ~1km and horizontal lines moves together, ie ~1km, -90dBm in CE and ~1km, -87dBm in FCC regions. Signal strength indicator goes up in FCC mode and down in CE mode. For fun, when I move away when signal goes low enough, disconnection really occurs.

This for me is as conclusive as it gets and is even more repeatable than a range test. I know, some folks insist on a freaking range test. I wont blame you if you say the whats the point of having signal but not flying far enough, But please bear in mind, is it really more repeatable and reliable? You're RC needs to be an interference free location at all times (a 200m RF free bubble), and your entire flight path needs to be same as well. Plus you need to fix it at 5.8Ghz to get the most difference (14dBm vs 26dBm). Finally, a 3km flight vs a 4km are both illegal and both very far already. On land, on flat terrain my experience is if you get 3km its already great.

Another note for Malaysia, IOS and Android is by default in FCC mode. As of today 22 May 2020, with my flysafe database.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-111613_fakeGPS_Belgium.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-111613_fakeGPS_Belgium.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20200522-112219_fakeGPS_HongKong.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-112219_fakeGPS_HongKong.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 27
Hello guys, as gb160 tested with IOS, I now present Android and IOS (unhacked) data.

Put my aircraft in a Microwave, unplugged of course. Ran up 2 stories in my brick and concrete house. Put the remote in a fixed place. Spoofed the GPS to various places. Whenever I can, I set the Transmission to Manual 5.8Ghz as this has the most difference in transmission levels between regions (CE=14dBm, FCC=26dBm) Started in Malaysia:

View attachment 102150

Belgium :
View attachment 102147View attachment 102148

As you can see the 1km lines move to ~90dBm levels. Signal strength dropped very much in 5.8Ghz.

Next up good Ol'Texas.

View attachment 102149View attachment 102145

Full strength.

View attachment 102151
(CE region)

Hong Kong:
View attachment 102153

Next I hook up my Ipad, and did something similar. Spoofing done via Android, to various locations, then immediately switch the RC cable connection to Ipad.

Same as above was noted, except the ~1km and horizontal lines moves together, ie ~1km, -90dBm in CE and ~1km, -87dBm in FCC regions. Signal strength indicator goes up in FCC mode and down in CE mode. For fun, when I move away when signal goes low enough, disconnection really occurs.

This for me is as conclusive as it gets and is even more repeatable than a range test. I know, some folks insist on a freaking range test. I wont blame you if you say the whats the point of having signal but not flying far enough, But please bear in mind, is it really more repeatable and reliable? You're RC needs to be an interference free location at all times (a 200m RF free bubble), and your entire flight path needs to be same as well. Plus you need to fix it at 5.8Ghz to get the most difference (14dBm vs 26dBm). Finally, a 3km flight vs a 4km are both illegal and both very far already. On land, on flat terrain my experience is if you get 3km its already great.

Another note for Malaysia, IOS and Android is by default in FCC mode. As of today 22 May 2020, with my flysafe database.
Well done, outstanding.....

Reactions: lee82gx

View attachment 102150

Belgium :

Next up good Ol'Texas.

Full strength.

View attachment 102151
(CE region)

Hong Kong:
View attachment 102153

Short of having a proper scientific RF measurement device, these tests are about as reliable as you can get. they're better than range tests because they completely remove environmental variables like wind, battery performance, rf interference, and variations in drone performance...its a simple, basic, repeatable measurement of drone transmission power.

Good work buddy.

Last edited:
the easiest way to have fcc you need both - android and IOS.
on android you switch to fcc at home using just fake gps.( 1km above line)
For flying you use IOS as it only keeps FCC on all the time.(line is above 90db)
I can also all you say that FCC works on each model of MA2 and you dont need signal measure device to check it.
Just switch transmission for 5.8Ghz
For CE I fly away for about 600 to 800m, in FCC there is possible to do it 2-3 times further. As according specification Ce signal has 14dbm but Fcc has 26dbm.For long distance where 2.4Ghz is used there is not so big difference but still visible.
hang on a minute, got confused abit... :)
did you use stock iOS app or hacked?
thanks

thanks
It would appear from these tests, that both the gps spoofing, and the hacked app approach both provide FCC power.
Which is great news really, as users can take whatever approach they're more comfortable with.

The tests with microvawe are great and thanks for them.It only proves my last tests using 5.8G for short distance flight - the difference is clearly visible. So we can be sure that when FCC is showed by DJI Fly it is true status.

It is really does not matter whether you use hacked or no IOS if you set FCC on android before.

If you dont have android for performing prerequisite steps then you need IOS with XCODE apps loaded and run by macbook and using prepared spoofed location route .So you can do it this way but it if it still problem for you then DJI hacked apps will do it itself.
So you can enjoy FCC when you have Iphone or Ipad until DJI will patch it ;)

View attachment 102150

Belgium :

Next up good Ol'Texas.

Full strength.

View attachment 102151
(CE region)

Hong Kong:
View attachment 102153

But your drone doesn't have GPS signal?

No one has had any issues switching between CE and FCC indoors (or in a microwave). It's when the drone moves outside and gets GPS signal that things switch back to CE (unless you have hacked iOS app)

The tests with microvawe are great and thanks for them.It only proves my last tests using 5.8G for short distance flight - the difference is clearly visible. So we can be sure that when FCC is showed by DJI Fly it is true status.

It is really does not matter whether you use hacked or no IOS if you set FCC on android before.

If you dont have android for performing prerequisite steps then you need IOS with XCODE apps loaded and run by macbook and using prepared spoofed location route .So you can do it this way but it if it still problem for you then DJI hacked apps will do it itself.
So you can enjoy FCC when you have Iphone or Ipad until DJI will patch it ;)
just to clarify, all what you need to do is:
1. at home (no gps) gps spoofing on Android
2. fly it on iOS
or you have to do all of these tricks with starting motors without phone / ipad connected etc ?

just to clarify, all what you need to do is:
1. at home (no gps) gps spoofing on Android
2. fly it on iOS
or you have to do all of these tricks with starting motors without phone / ipad connected etc ?
I always initiated FCC at home using androig and spoofed gps .
Turn off all.
Go outside
Start drone and controller (without phone)
Start motors and take off(without phone)
Connect Iphone ( the line is above 90) and it remains that all the time
Before landing you disconnect iphone from controller.

I always initiated FCC at home using androig and spoofed gps .
Turn off all.
Go outside
Start drone and controller (without phone)
Start motors and take off(without phone)
Connect Iphone ( the line is above 90) and it remains that all the time
Before landing you disconnect iphone from controller.
cool, thanks for that

Last edited:

No one has had any issues switching between CE and FCC indoors (or in a microwave). It's when the drone moves outside and gets GPS signal that things switch back to CE (unless you have hacked iOS app)
Yeah, the easy way to do this would be to enable FCC indoors, then take the drone outside to acquire gps, then placed it in the microwave and check the signal.

I don't think the motors needed to be running for this test do they?
I never got round to testing this because right now both my iOS devices are reverted back to stock, so no GPS spoofing, and I only tested with the hacked app.

the objective of the test is not to do the FCC hack, but rather to prove that the signal meters ARE CORRECT, and if they switch mid flight or anytime else, it really means you change transmission power. Before this I recall you are the one who said its all a display bug and nothing changes, well its proven that it is not. At least now you don't have to doubt. Look forward to your contribution, hopefully with all our combined brain juice we will somehow be able to figure out a way to enable a permanent or reliable FCC hack in the future.

Reactions: Gary R
thanks
yep
I use standard Iphone 6s with standard dji fly app from appstore. without any gpss spoofing .

But Prior, you need to initiate FCC using Android with fake gps ;)

Blimey they've just released v1.3.0 of the DJI Fly App.
Hope the hacked app gets updated soon to this version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx