DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Zombie Todd

Reactions
Received my Air 2 today so naturally the first thing I did was check to see if FCC hack could be done.
It can.

Out the box CE power under 90
4BA81390-5BBE-4849-BDE0-E9A5A3A7C44C.jpeg

spoofed iPhone location to USA
81557FAB-5A38-4E17-B60D-A3A625237E47.jpeg
Now the full power above 90.
Can also confirm that as long as you start drone and hover before connecting the dji app to the drone and disconnect the app before finally landing it will continue to stay in FCC mode.

haven’t had any chance to check range yet as the batteries are still charging and it’s to windy here at the moment.

will test tomorrow hopefully if it makes much of a difference for us.
16D5F7BD-296B-4299-B917-3633257CF0B4.jpeg4BA81390-5BBE-4849-BDE0-E9A5A3A7C44C.jpeg

Some good news finally. These days it seems like every new Air 2 topic reveals yet another discovered limitation or missing basic feature...

Reactions: gb160
Hi there
Can i know what is the app name that ur using to spoof..im using an android so hope u have a solution...

Received my Air 2 today so naturally the first thing I did was check to see if FCC hack could be done.
It can.

View attachment 101236

View attachment 101238
Can also confirm that as long as you start drone and hover before connecting the dji app to the drone and disconnect the app before finally landing it will continue to stay in FCC mode.

haven’t had any chance to check range yet as the batteries are still charging and it’s to windy here at the moment.

View attachment 101237View attachment 101236
This is great news.
Sorry to be a pain, but can u explain the exact steps? Whilst playing around yesterday with a spoofed gps, I get full power if indoors, but as soon as I moved the drone outside the power dropped to CE level.

Reactions: crosswired
It can.

View attachment 101236

View attachment 101238

View attachment 101237View attachment 101236
Thanks! Do you know if this can be done with Android? what are the specific steps?

Reactions: Apo1991
This is great news.
Sorry to be a pain, but can u explain the exact steps? Whilst playing around yesterday with a spoofed gps, I get full power if indoors, but as soon as I moved the drone outside the power dropped to CE level.
Thanks! Do you know if this can be done with Android? what are the specific steps?

To make the switch:

1. Fakegps on the phone with a location in the US (for this there are plenty of tutorials, if you have Android it's easier, if you have iOS it's a little more complicated)
2. DJI Fly on and connected to the phone
3. Start the drone
4. !!! Be careful that the drone does not have a GPS signal. Either do it inside the house, or cover it with aluminum foil or something. If both the remote control (from the phone) and the drone have a GPS signal, the location given by the drone prevails.
5. At the time of connection, the application will tell you that it has reset the radio for the area you are in
6. Turn off drone, turn off controller, disable fakegps, KILL app

This is the state in which the drone will remain. Now the problem is how do you keep it from going back to the CE area. For this, 2 things must be kept in mind:
1. The "change" command is given by the application! If the application is not connected, it does not know what kind of area it is in.
2. For obvious safety reasons, it will never reset the radio when it is in flight. So, *never* have the engines off and the application on. Otherwise, it will be reset to CE mode and the fakegps must be reset. So for me the takeoff / landing looks like this:

Take-off:
1. Phone connected to RC and ready but keep the phone turned off, no application turned on (if you have Android it might start the application alone so do not connect it at all)
2. Start the drone
3. Wait for a few seconds until the green LEDs flash
4. Use the sticks combo to start the engines (no need to take off, just start spinning the propellers slowly on the ground)
5. From this moment, the status of the drone is "in flight" so you can easily start the application and it will not reset the radio.

Landing:
1. Bring the drone close to the ground
2. Kill application, phone lock
3. Land

To make the switch:

1. Fakegps on the phone with a location in the US (for this there are plenty of tutorials, if you have Android it's easier, if you have iOS it's a little more complicated)
2. DJI Fly on and connected to the phone
3. Start the drone
4. !!! Be careful that the drone does not have a GPS signal. Either do it inside the house, or cover it with aluminum foil or something. If both the remote control (from the phone) and the drone have a GPS signal, the location given by the drone prevails.
5. At the time of connection, the application will tell you that it has reset the radio for the area you are in
6. Turn off drone, turn off controller, disable fakegps, KILL app

This is the state in which the drone will remain. Now the problem is how do you keep it from going back to the CE area. For this, 2 things must be kept in mind:
1. The "change" command is given by the application! If the application is not connected, it does not know what kind of area it is in.
2. For obvious safety reasons, it will never reset the radio when it is in flight. So, *never* have the engines off and the application on. Otherwise, it will be reset to CE mode and the fakegps must be reset. So for me the takeoff / landing looks like this:

Take-off:
1. Phone connected to RC and ready but keep the phone turned off, no application turned on (if you have Android it might start the application alone so do not connect it at all)
2. Start the drone
3. Wait for a few seconds until the green LEDs flash
4. Use the sticks combo to start the engines (no need to take off, just start spinning the propellers slowly on the ground)
5. From this moment, the status of the drone is "in flight" so you can easily start the application and it will not reset the radio.

Landing:
1. Bring the drone close to the ground
2. Kill application, phone lock
3. Land
works great in my garden, the wind is expected to drop off here around lunchtime, so ill give it a run in the wild this afternoon.

Quick questions:
When the drone is powered down, will the FCC setting still remain if I switch out the battery?

Does this is anyway affect the RTH function?

works great in my garden, the wind is expected to drop off here around lunchtime, so ill give it a run in the wild this afternoon.

Quick questions:
When the drone is powered down, will the FCC setting still remain if I switch out the battery?

Does this is anyway affect the RTH function?
No, switching the battery doesn't matter, the region is saved as a setting in the drone, just like all the other settings (e.g. RTH altitude).

No, it doesn't affect the RTH function in any way, I've been using this procedure with the Mini for the past 6 months with success.

Reactions: gb160
@Ice_2k
great write up, just one thing: would you clarify a few things
Setting up:
6. Turn off drone, turn off controller, disable fakegps, KILL app - which app?

Landing:
1. Bring the drone close to the ground - thats ok
2. Kill application, phone lock - cant get that, which app you need to kill? DJI app?
3. Land - if DJI app killed how would you do that?

TIA
Kris

• Wow
Reactions: Maviczoomboy
@Ice_2k
Setting up:

Landing:
2. Kill application, phone lock - cant get that, which app you need to kill? DJI app?

TIA
Kris
The DJI Fly app I meant. With regards to landing, I don't understand, what do you mean how do you land? Pull the left stick down.

@Ice_2k
Setting up:

Landing:

TIA
Kris
Yes the dji fly app.
Even without the app running, the controller still functions.

Reactions: crosswired
The DJI Fly app I meant. With regards to landing, I don't understand, what do you mean how do you land? Pull the left stick down.
well, to be honest never used any sticks combos :) would you have a quick guide handy by any chance?
TIA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan