DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Gps spoof on, drone on, rc on > goes to setting checks its fcc
Turn off drone, rc, kill dji fly app and gps spoof.
Turn on drone, rc on (not connected to phone), green flash > starting motors with stick combo > connect rc to phone and connect app

Am i missing something?!
Nothing obvious, it definitely works though.

For MA2 I had in my hands for a while there was the line equal on 90 (neither under nor above) Do you have another version of MA2? Is it CE version? and when you normally starts the line is under 90 and with FCC is above?

Reactions: magman
For MA2 I had in my hands for a while there was the line equal on 90 (neither under nor above) Do you have another version of MA2? Is it CE version? and when you normally starts the line is under 90 and with FCC is above?
Im in ce region, there is no such thing as ma2 ce or fcc version it depents on your location.
I am flying in ce region so its in ce out of the box.
Turns to fcc with this "hack" but as soon as he gets settlite signal he records home point and switches back to ce.
Maybe i should disable auto home point record?

Im in ce region, there is no such thing as ma2 ce or fcc version it depents on your location.
Turns to fcc with this "hack" but as soon as he gets settlite signal he records home point and switches back to ce.

The drone is good enough in CE mode tbh there is no way I would turn off RTH asking for trouble that!

Are you finding CE mode not good enough it will still go for miles!

Reactions: crosswired
Home point recording has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Problem on android is that I dont know how to recognize CE or FCC mode? the line in not under 90 but at the same level.Screenshot_20200514-164443.jpg

Reactions: magman

Yeah smae thing is happening to me. The line is just set on 90 (no higher or lower). I am on Android

I took ipad and finally did it .So now I have the line above...I will check tomorrow the results in the air ;)
Still no difference on android.The line always at the same position.

Reactions: Twiggy0
To make the switch:

1. Fakegps on the phone with a location in the US (for this there are plenty of tutorials, if you have Android it's easier, if you have iOS it's a little more complicated)
2. DJI Fly on and connected to the phone
3. Start the drone
4. !!! Be careful that the drone does not have a GPS signal. Either do it inside the house, or cover it with aluminum foil or something. If both the remote control (from the phone) and the drone have a GPS signal, the location given by the drone prevails.
5. At the time of connection, the application will tell you that it has reset the radio for the area you are in
6. Turn off drone, turn off controller, disable fakegps, KILL app

This is the state in which the drone will remain. Now the problem is how do you keep it from going back to the CE area. For this, 2 things must be kept in mind:
1. The "change" command is given by the application! If the application is not connected, it does not know what kind of area it is in.
2. For obvious safety reasons, it will never reset the radio when it is in flight. So, *never* have the engines off and the application on. Otherwise, it will be reset to CE mode and the fakegps must be reset. So for me the takeoff / landing looks like this:

Take-off:
1. Phone connected to RC and ready but keep the phone turned off, no application turned on (if you have Android it might start the application alone so do not connect it at all)
2. Start the drone
3. Wait for a few seconds until the green LEDs flash
4. Use the sticks combo to start the engines (no need to take off, just start spinning the propellers slowly on the ground)
5. From this moment, the status of the drone is "in flight" so you can easily start the application and it will not reset the radio.

Landing:
1. Bring the drone close to the ground
2. Kill application, phone lock
3. Land

Outstanding !!!

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice_2k
So u mean to say this dnt work on any android phones and only works on IOS?
Somethings not adding up.
It 100% works on iOS, I've tested it personally.
Only 2 people seem to have tried this on Android from what I can see, @sunt5240 who has the issue with the line always being on 90dB, and @danik102 who cant get it to work, but doesn't seem to have mentioned anything about the line.

We need more people to try it and provide feedback for Android.

Guys, what I discovered It is possible to switch to FCC using android following the instruction because I verified changes on IPAD and there was the line above.... Problem is that on android DJI Fly I dont know how to recognize whether it is FCC as the line is always at the same place.Maybe somebody finds out some cool hint. It is not very comfortable to flying using 10 inch Ipad;)

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
Guys, what I discovered It is possible to switch to FCC using android following the instruction because I verified changes on IPAD and there was the line above.... Problem is that on android DJI Fly I dont know how to recognize whether it is FCC as the line is always at the same place.Maybe somebody finds out some cool hint. It is not very comfortable to flying using 10 inch Ipad;)
TBH we need one of those clever dudes with a signal meter to have absolute conclusive proof.

Sorry I was away from my pc yesterday and have only just caught up with the thread.

As already described, use a fake location app on android like floater from the play store and you should be fine. Check its working by using google maps tom see if it says you are where you set floater to.

On ios I used my pc with the trial version of ispoofer to set my location on my iPhone to USA then connected to my drone.

Iphone way is a bit harder to do because you do have to take off before connecting DJI app to drone and disconnect dji app just before landing. If you forget you will go back to CE power levels.

Just hover and the connect to drone.

I did a short range test yesterday in the country and got to 6400m with perfect signal but had to return due to battery levels. I plan on doing it again in both CE and FCC mode to see if it makes much of a difference.

PS. I set the drone to FCC indoors with my hand over the top to help block the GPS signal. If your trying outside this may make it harder.... As soon as you connect the iphone app with fake gps check transmission level and as soon as it jumps to FCC power pull the lead out of the iPhone. Now the drone will stay in FCC mode As long as you take off before connecting and disconnect app before landing.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Twiggy0
Thank u Todd for the explanation..im an android user and i hope u have tried it with android instead of ios...sorry to be a pain as im a new drone user..would appreciate if u could show me step by step on how to use the fake app n get it to fcc mode..much appreciated..its my firat ever drone and im excited to go the distance..maybe u could pm me and we could whatsapp a faster method?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito