DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

@gb160
mate, where to get fakegps for iOS? I've tried on app store but it seem to be gone

This is great news.
Sorry to be a pain, but can u explain the exact steps? Whilst playing around yesterday with a spoofed gps, I get full power if indoors, but as soon as I moved the drone outside the power dropped to CE level.

You have to start the motors on the drone before you fire up the app...

So once the hack is initiated first time, the second time you will power on Drone, then power on controller, wait for connection between drone and controller. Once established, analogues down to fire up props... then connect your phone. That way you stay in FCC...

This is the way i do it on my mini, but it uses the same app so i assume its the same.

So once the hack is initiated first time, the second time you will power on Drone, then power on controller, wait for connection between drone and controller. Once established, analogues down to fire up props... then connect your phone. That way you stay in FCC...

This is the way i do it on my mini, but it uses the same app so i assume its the same.

When landing, bring drone close to ground, but do not land. Then disconnect your phone from the controller. After this, land WITHOUT the controller being attached to your phone.

I never exit the app... not needed, or i havent noticed a difference not closing the app.

Cheers, but it's all been explained.

Somethings not adding up.
It 100% works on iOS, I've tested it personally.
Only 2 people seem to have tried this on Android from what I can see, @sunt5240 who has the issue with the line always being on 90dB, and @danik102 who cant get it to work, but doesn't seem to have mentioned anything about the line.

We need more people to try it and provide feedback for Android.

Yes I have same issue, in that the line is on 90 regardless

Lets hope theres no missing module like there is in the mini...

Just some food for thought.

Okay, Android users: I think I have sussed it. Dont look at the line at -90, as that wont change. What will change however, is the option to have Auto vs Manual (FCC) or Auto only (CE) as the 'Channel Mode'. See image below. This is also the same on iOS btw, and is far easier to glance than looking at the -90 line. Look closely at the original poster's images, you can see it.

The steps which have worked for me:

Initial config:
  • Install Fake GPS app
  • Make sure Fly app is closed
  • Put airplane mode on
  • Set Fake GPS location to somewhere in Ohio (you can confirm this has worked by opening Google Maps and seeing where it thinks you are)
  • Put drone in a room in middle of house, where it cannot get GPS signal (or use tinfoil to cover)
  • Connect phone to remote and turn it on. Launch Fly app.
  • Turn on drone
  • To confirm you're in FCC mode, go to Settings -> Transmission. You should see an option for both Auto and Manual 'Channel Mode'. See image below:
dji fly.PNG

• Now turn everything off. Your drone is now in FCC mode. To keep it in this mode when flying, consult the previous posts in this thread (first page)

Hope this helps!

Benno

Having a quick look on YouTube another FCC drone did 6500m before return to home. It may well be a case of range out performs the battery with the Air 2.
Rock solid transmission was very impressive.

Reactions: crosswired
Having a quick look on YouTube another FCC drone did 6500m before return to home. It may well be a case of range out performs the battery with the Air 2.
Rock solid transmission was very impressive.
Yep, that Chinese guy who did 11km only with a modified battery.

And tbh honest im not just doing it for the increased range, im doing it for the image stability boost it'll achieve when flying within 0-6km.

Reactions: Zombie Todd
Guys,
Thanks for hints.So we know details and difference for IOS and Android. However I am still a bit unconvinced whether it is reallly FCC power signal. Today I tried both modes and didnt see much difference.
The 6500 m in such area as on movie there should be no problem for CE as well. I think there should be clear test for same route for both modes and see difference but the best would be to have some signal measure ...I hope somebody will check it soon.

Giving me a bit of a headache all this, got to be doing something incorrect.

I've followed the steps exactly several times and I easily get to the stage where I see the channel mode displaying Auto and Manual which indicates it's on FCC mode. I then turn everything off and follow the exact start up steps.
As soon as I go back into the fly App, the Auto and Manual tabs are now away and it is just back to Auto only.
I must have done this around 12 times.
I'm on android.

Last edited:
Giving me a bit of a headache all this, got to be doing something incorrect.

I've followed the steps exactly several times and I easily get to the stage where I see the channel mode displaying Auto and Manual which indicates it's on FCC mode. I then turn everything off and follow the exact start up steps.
As soon as I go back into the fly App, the Auto and Manual tabs are now away and it is just back to Auto only.
I must have done this around 12 times.
I'm on android.
So you have prepared FCC at home.You turn off all.Going outside ,turn on controller (without phone) and drone.Run engines and take off and then connect phone ? Is it order you followed?

So you have prepared FCC at home.You turn off all.Going outside ,turn on controller (without phone) and drone.Run engines and take off and then connect phone ? Is it order you followed?
Yes I get the settings as in the pictures at home no problem at all. I then turn it all off, go outside and do exactly as you have said. Bit of a head scratcher.

Yes I get the settings as in the pictures at home no problem at all. I then turn it all off, go outside and do exactly as you have said. Bit of a head scratcher.
a bit strange as the drone in the air shouldnt change its radio settings...

When you disconnect your phone you havent landed have you?

Must land after you disconnect phone. If you dont your app will revert to CE mode, as your drones GPS will register to the phone/controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn