DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

In hindsight I wish id got that instead of care refresh with DJI.

Ive got both, an extra 100 per year doesnt break the bank (8e per month) and gives an extra peace of mind

Reactions: gb160
Not really, they're able to tell from the flight logs that the drone is in FCC mode but located in CE region...there's definitely a mention of FCC mode in the MCDatFlightRecords, I've seen it.
Whether they'd use that to deny warranty/care refresh claim I don't know.

To be honest, if you're that worried about warranty/care refresh, the only way to be 100% sure is to fly in CE with the stock app.
for MA1 80% people use FCC mode and I have never heard that care refresh refused somebody service.But they have objections to using unauthorized applications

Reactions: crosswired
for MA1 80% people use FCC mode and I have never heard that care refresh refused somebody service.But they have objections to using unauthorized applications
That's because DJI can't get their own flight logs and records from most unauthorized apps.
That wouldn't be a problem with the modded app.

Use whatever method you're more comfortable with.

Flew last night with the latest version of the modified ios app which was done by two of the forums members and I'm pleased to say it work perfectly, thanks guys. Didn't push the range, just done 1km but no breakup or loss. From my experience trees zap the signal. Probably because they're mainly water and because we're using high frequencies which do get absorbed by water.

I just came across this and have not tried it. I'm certainly not as knowledgeable on coding as many on this thread so perhaps one of the guys who is into this can comment on it.

It might be interesting....
Firmware hacks for me is a no go. This will certainly void your warranty. To be honest, i digged into this modded ios app to make sure there is no malicious code used, and my bird has a decent connection. 1. I would stay away from firmware modding and 2. I dont endorse removing the NFZ. Get a license. I dont have a license and respect my laws and stay the hell away from airports. The whole "well i bought it, it is mine, i want nfz gone" does not fly with me. Simply get licensed.

The FCC mod is nice, and my only goal is a stable connection. That there is no malicious code is a bonus :)

Has anyone tried to use the fake gps method with an Android device and then switch to the Ios device with DJI FLY 1.1.4 version? In version 1.1.3 it works, but in version 1.1.4 it no longer switches to FCC mode.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: crosswired
@Gleno0h just a quick one as I've lost pages count :) would 'patched' app work FCC out right away or you need to cast voodoo spells mean plug-unplug thingy?

Firmware hacks for me is a no go. This will certainly void your warranty. To be honest, i digged into this modded ios app to make sure there is no malicious code used, and my bird has a decent connection. 1. I would stay away from firmware modding and 2. I dont endorse removing the NFZ. Get a license. I dont have a license and respect my laws and stay the hell away from airports. The whole "well i bought it, it is mine, i want nfz gone" does not fly with me. Simply get licensed.

The FCC mod is nice, and my only goal is a stable connection. That there is no malicious code is a bonus :)
Theoretically it would be pretty easy for us to bypass the NFZ in the modded app.
No ******* chance we're doing that though.

Has anyone tried to use the fake gps method with an Android device and then switch to the Ios device with DJI FLY 1.1.4 version? In version 1.1.3 it works, but in version 1.1.4 it no longer switches to FCC mode.
I already asked on page 32 :)

Hmmm
previously I always worked with an android (inside) (fake gps) before the drone had GPS fix to enter FCC mode.

I think this method has stopped working since DJI fly app 1.1.4
Can someone test this?

no answer, until now :)

Guys so as to separate the discussions around Android FCC and the modded app, ive created a thread just for the modded app to make things cleaner:

You might have to enable the option to view the 'software mods forum' in your preferences-account settings to view the thread, I had no idea this forum even existed lol.

Last edited:
Any idea where you select this option as I can't see it :-( thanks in advance.
Yeah if you click your user icon in the top right corner, next to the envelope, then preferences from the drop down, then account settings from the left menu...the setting is in there mate:

Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 07.15.29.png

Reactions: Coastersteve
switching to fcc using fake gps on android 1.1.4 does not work any more.I think app somehow detects that location is modified by fake gps.Maybe it works on some others less popular apps for changing locacation but I did not check

Reactions: Rekal007
switching to fcc using fake gps on android 1.1.4 does not work any more.I think app somehow detects that location is modified by fake gps.Maybe it works on some others less popular apps for changing locacation but I did not check
No, it check if there is a mock gps is set. Does not matter which one.

Reactions: Rekal007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54