DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

So why exactly isnt anyone thinking there will be a hack possible in some near future? Im thinking about sending my drone back if there is no possibility, because in CE-Mode, my drone already starts lagging at around 300-400 meters and its not fun...

Why are android hacks not possible anymroe? and why did DJI close this gap anyways? I mean legally they are okay when they bring out 2 versions with different transmissions arent they?

well, DJI screwed android as, guess they want go IOS only (thats my conspiracy theory :) )

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
So why exactly isnt anyone thinking there will be a hack possible in some near future? Im thinking about sending my drone back if there is no possibility, because in CE-Mode, my drone already starts lagging at around 300-400 meters and its not fun...

Why are android hacks not possible anymroe? and why did DJI close this gap anyways? I mean legally they are okay when they bring out 2 versions with different transmissions arent they?
If you live in the USA why is your drone in CE mode?

Reactions: crosswired

From my observations whats changed is the drone in FW will now dynamically flip between FCC and CE mode. Prior to this it would not switch back once motors were armed (possibly due to SDR reset?) which is how the Android hack worked. Now this isnt possible, it only leaves the iOS mod.

One thing I've learned over the years is only update the FW if you absolutely need to. If the quad is flying fine, dont update anything and it will continue to do so.

From my observations whats changed is the drone in FW will now dynamically flip between FCC and CE mode. Prior to this it would not switch back once motors were armed (possibly due to SDR reset?) which is how the Android hack worked. Now this isnt possible, it only leaves the iOS mod.

One thing I've learned over the years is only update the FW if you absolutely need to. If the quad is flying fine, dont update anything and it will continue to do so.

Not really possible for a new drone that is constantly receiving new features

Why would you send a great drone back, when if FCC is so important, you could just go and buy a used iOS device just for flying?
You haven't got to go and make weekly visits to lay flowers at Steve Jobs' grave mate.

If you need to calibrate compass, you have to re-apply the android > fake gps > iOS hack after calibration?

****** things , android is easier to mod thats why its easier to lock it , iv just repaired my wife's old iphone 6s for 60e to do smthing i could do at the launch of MA2 with my android device. We do not stop the progress, he do it itself lmao

Oddly enough the Android app is upto version 1.1.5 and iOS still stuck on 1.1.3 - I wonder what's the delay?

Oddly enough the Android app is upto version 1.1.5 and iOS still stuck on 1.1.3 - I wonder what's the delay?
1.1.5 was only a few days after 1.1.4, so that was obviously bug fixes.
Would still be good to get an update on iOS as there are a few new features I like the look of.

Reactions: crosswired

Care to explain what SDR is?
There are way too many methods build in to determine in which country you are located...

Android:
Mock location used?
Sim card origin?
Ip address if available
Vpn used?
Phone gps if available
And then there are drone methods.

Look, if they are gonna say "lets use the drone GPS and let that determine fcc or ce", we are screwed. Ios or android, doesnt matter.

Then we would need firmware hack, but rather not.

I have also seen someone raising attention on the DJI forum of this mod. Sad to see. This way we can say goodbye to this mod very soon!

Oh don't worry, they already aware of it well before that guy posted. DJI have spy's posted everywhere and this is a public forum.
Lol. FCC hack has been there since Phantom days. Its been even openly discussed in dji forum for years. My take is DJI does not listen much to what happens in the forum. We ask or feedback good and useful things they ignore. We tell bad things they also ignore.

OK stupid question....
what does CE mean...central europe??
FCC....flight control computer...

I have looked at the acronyms page and they are not listed..

Also are the European MA2 derated to 90%? I am guessing after reading they are and this is the way around it.

thx

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229