DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Why would you send a great drone back, when if FCC is so important, you could just go and buy a used iOS device just for flying?
You haven't got to go and make weekly visits to lay flowers at Steve Jobs' grave mate.

because like the Android fake gps hack they can just fix it like that and then I have the drone and the ipad for nothing. without the hack as Ive tols you, distance where I live is about a few hubdred meters where it lags already

because like the Android fake gps hack they can just fix it like that and then I have the drone and the ipad for nothing. without the hack as Ive tols you, distance where I live is about a few hubdred meters where it lags already
Okay mate send it back, see you later!

Okay mate send it back, see you later!

I bought the drone with the advertisement of it reaching 2km distance... mine comes not even close to that. With the hack, it was so much fun to fly without lags and at great distances, but seeing that they just close those possibilities down means that anyone who has a ce drone in Europe will sooner or later have it fixed by DJI.. even on Apple devices. Everything is now completely uncertain..

but maybe one question.. if I downgrade the apo on my android, will fcc hack work?

I bought the drone with the advertisement of it reaching 2km distance... mine comes not even close to that. With the hack, it was so much fun to fly without lags and at great distances, but seeing that they just close those possibilities down means that anyone who has a ce drone in Europe will sooner or later have it fixed by DJI.. even on Apple devices. Everything is now completely uncertain..

but maybe one question.. if I downgrade the apo on my android, will fcc hack work?
No this not a fact, you're just guessing.

I have no idea about Android, apols.

What I will do from now on is for every firmware and app upgrade, I will wait before upgrading to make sure someone had FCC working.
If they ever block it working on iOS, I simply won't update.
FCC forever that way, even if I have to sacrifice new features by not upgrading firmware/app.

Reactions: crosswired

Definitely not. That's why I bought an iPad, but unfortunately they updated the IOS before I received it. With Android or with a stock IOS, the maximum is 2 km, even a little

OK stupid question....
what does CE mean...central europe??
FCC....flight control computer...

I have looked at the acronyms page and they are not listed..

Also are the European MA2 derated to 90%? I am guessing after reading they are and this is the way around it.

thx
CE and FCC are industry standards for electronic goods approved to be sold in Europe (CE) and FCC (USA/Canada) with other countries / continents variations.
about MA2, CE mode brings roughly a half of FCC transmit power so range goes dramatically down

well, DJI knows about the hack for sure but, my guess is, if they'll block it completely, sale in CE countries will drop dramatically ... at the end of the day, if someone will get into troubles with local authorities flying way too far, it isnt DJI problem as 'culprit' was using hacked app

Reactions: gb160
well, DJI knows about the hack for sure but, my guess is, if they'll block it completely, sale in CE countries will drop dramatically ... at the end of the day, if someone will get into troubles with local authorities flying way too far, it isnt DJI problem as 'culprit' was using hacked app
Exactly.
Plus when my warranty and care refresh expires I will definitely have a look at hacking the firmware (if all other avenues are blocked and that is the only way to achieve FCC) and using private insurance.
As long as the FCC hack works until then (another 10 months or so) then I'm happy.

Exactly.
Plus when my warranty and care refresh expires I will definitely have a look at hacking the firmware (if all other avenues are blocked and that is the only way to achieve FCC) and using private insurance.
As long as the FCC hack works until then (another 10 months or so) then I'm happy.
amen to that
also, I'd doubt that logs contains any FW checksum / info tbh but would flash from trusted source only :)

Reactions: gb160
I'm looking for a person to sign the application and install it on my iPad, I pay cash or bank transfer :??????

• Haha
No this not a fact, you're just guessing.

I have no idea about Android, apols.

What I will do from now on is for every firmware and app upgrade, I will wait before upgrading to make sure someone had FCC working.
If they ever block it working on iOS, I simply won't update.
FCC forever that way, even if I have to sacrifice new features by not upgrading firmware/app.
I saw yesterday on prompt about new firmware...anybody knows is it safe to install it and keep FCC mode on IOS ?

I saw yesterday on prompt about new firmware...anybody knows is it safe to install it and keep FCC mode on IOS ?
Well I’ve used the modded app with the new firmware and FCC works fine.
Dunno about gps spoofing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty