DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK, London

keely

Reactions
Hi everyone

I'm quite new in the drone world, so i still learning how everything work.. I'm really happy with my mavic, this is my first professional drone.. update, calibration, first fly all went smooth and easy!

I also have a syma x5, what I bought to learn flying drone.. crashed many times without any problem or headache.. [emoji122][emoji16]

But now I kinda scared to flying my mavic, because honestly not cheap.. [emoji16] so i really care about my baby..

Between the two drones of course have a huge difference, that's the reason why I bought professional drone, I'm was tired to fly instable things just front of me.. [emoji14] That was a toy this is something else.. [emoji5][emoji106] and of course i would like to make professional videos on my trips, because I travel a lot.. but i would like to learn everything before i take it with me in action!

My questions are anybody flying around London? Royal parks off i know! Most of the park are busy with people the rest are full of trees! Anybody here from this city who can give me some advice? Or want to go out together? [emoji3] maybe i can learn from other pilots how to manage this baby?

Thanks guys!
Happy flying!

Don't know about London. I'm in the US. Can you get out in the country a little?

Hope you continue to enjoy and use your Mavic.

Keep flying safe and keep us posted.

It can be a lifetime pastime.

Can't fly in any city!
Wish we could help you.

We are fighting constant battles to keep flying in our cities also and in many cases loosing.

Many of our smaller towns are still okay but we are fighting nanny politicians.

And if congress changes their mind supporting recreational use, heaven help the hobbyists.

Last edited:
Can't fly in any city!
Actually you can!
The CAA rules state you must stay at least 150 metres away from any congested residantial area, so you need to find a park that's more than 300 metres wide, and doesn't have its own specific bylaw preventing flight, Don't confuse Royal Park rules with CAA rules.
For instance, there is a park just east of Tower Bridge that enables you to fly over the Thames and still remain in the rules.
The City of London No Fly Zone ends at Tower Bridge, hence you can fly.

If you want to stay on the right side of the rules, simply download and use the Drone Assist app whcih is maintained by National Air Traffic Control with the CAA and tells you exactly where you can and can't fly.
Drone Assist | Dronesafe

Cheers,

Ian in London

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I'm quite new in the drone world, so i still learning how everything work.. I'm really happy with my mavic, this is my first professional drone.. update, calibration, first fly all went smooth and easy!

I also have a syma x5, what I bought to learn flying drone.. crashed many times without any problem or headache.. [emoji122][emoji16]

But now I kinda scared to flying my mavic, because honestly not cheap.. [emoji16] so i really care about my baby..

Between the two drones of course have a huge difference, that's the reason why I bought professional drone, I'm was tired to fly instable things just front of me.. [emoji14] That was a toy this is something else.. [emoji5][emoji106] and of course i would like to make professional videos on my trips, because I travel a lot.. but i would like to learn everything before i take it with me in action!

My questions are anybody flying around London? Royal parks off i know! Most of the park are busy with people the rest are full of trees! Anybody here from this city who can give me some advice? Or want to go out together? [emoji3] maybe i can learn from other pilots how to manage this baby?

Thanks guys!
Happy flying!

Welcome to the forum. I'm in SW London and I fly in the specified flight area in Richmond park which is one of the few areas you can fly !

Actually you can!
The CAA rules state you must stay at least 150 metres away from any congested residantial area, so you need to find a park that's more than 300 metres wide, and doesn't have its own specific bylaw preventing flight, Don't confuse Royal Park rules with CAA rules.
For instance, there is a park just east of Tower Bridge that enables you to fly over the Thames and still remain in the rules.
The City of London No Fly Zone ends at Tower Bridge, hence you can fly.

If you want to stay on the right side of the rules, simply download and use the Drone Assist app whcih is maintained by National Air Traffic Control with the CAA and tells you exactly where you can and can't fly.
Drone Assist | Dronesafe

Cheers,

Ian in London

Thank you very much for this app.. really great and helpful! [emoji106][emoji122]

Reactions: Ian in London

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard