DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK to bring in Drone Registration and Mandatory courses

I personally dont see what good these proposed rules will do. These rules are recommended by the Pilots association to the department for transport in fear of near misses etc to planes at mainly major airports such as Heathrow. While i understand the concerns i think a lot of it is over exaggeration, only recently i read a report that what a pilot reported as a drone near miss turned out to be a large bat. Geo fencing is already used by the main reputable drone manufacturers like DJI at major airports, regional airfields and prisons etc. Those that by cheap toy or build your own drone kits etc will always be able to flaunt the rules and ovoid no fly zones. Licensing and an awareness test will not be able to be enforced with individuals who have no regard for safety. If some one really wants to purposely endanger an aircraft then there is unfortunately no stopping them. The proposed license and test will only inconvenience the rest of us that fly safe and abide by current CAA rules. The best rule is of course common sense.

That has always bothered me the phrase " Near Miss ", surely if you nearly miss something you actually hit it don`t you.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird