DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK warranty on china/HK bought drone?

Glennyboy

Reactions
Hi guys. I've searched through thread after thread but not found a definitive answer. I really want to buy a mavic pro fly more bundle but have seen that it can be bought significantly cheaper online from Chinese companies such as BangGood or TomTop or Techinthebasket etc
I totally understand the potential for customs duties (although techinthebasket and some others like pro-camera say they ship from the uk with no import taxes) but that aside I'm basically trying to find out if the mavic is first activated in the uk from new will it be covered under warranty for a uk repair/uk service centre? I totally understand about buying DJi refresh too which seems totally worth it and will cover the product in the uk I believe, but would like the peace of mind that if it turns up and has a fault can It be sent to a uk service centre under the warranty?
I've read that the warranty is 'international' so regardless of where it was bought it will be covered, but also read it would have to be returned to the country from where it is purchased. For warranty repairs does an original invoice need to be supplied showing location where bought?
I'm thinking ultimately they're all 'made in China' so if first registered/activated in the uk then this may be covered by warranty under a uk service centre.
I would love to hear others experience on this as I'm sure plenty of you have bought yours from other countries and saved plenty of money doing so. Thanks.

From what i have seen, DJI are pretty keen to pass the buck if your seller has not been authorised to sell in your country. (and cant supply tax receipts)

IF something goes wrong you will need to have a fight with your seller about who pays shipping etc to return it to China. Get in black and white that as part of the condition for the sale, that they (the seller) will assume responsibility for any warranty.

It is a risk, but i think worth it.
Hi Masheen.
Thanks for your reply. I think it's worth it too.
I've found that techinthebasket are selling it for about £964 at the moment and shipped from Manchester, uk. They cover warranty and I appreciate an assumed risk here, but less risk of customs duty as opposed to BangGood at £905 and potential customs sting! I'm also thinking if I get the DJi refresh then have a problem with a warranty claim (will purchase via credit card for extra protection in case I get mucked about) I can get it sorted via refresh which I'm pretty sure isn't an issue getting. Again I appreciate the additional outlay but seems to be the best way to get it covered in case of warranty issues and seems most get refresh anyway for additional cover. If the drone is perfect and no warranty claim required then it saves a bucket load, and if not and a claim is required there's still a decent saving over uk rrp.

If you're trying to save some money, just look on the facebook for sale pages. people are regularly selling like new / barely used mavic every day.... for decent prices.

If you're trying to save some money, just look on the facebook for sale pages. people are regularly selling like new / barely used mavic every day.... for decent prices.

Thanks HSK - I'll have a look there first. Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes