DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ultrasonic sensor error and battery self-discharge in storage messages

Chips

Reactions
It seems that every other session, I get technical issues which don't help me to build up my confidence flying my Mavic Pro higher or further. A month ago, I had a stick problem which I suspect was due to the RC casing getting slightly distorted by the tablet holder and/or a poor quality cable. Almost lost the drone as it rose and didn't want to come down. But the problem seemed to go away and after testing a few times, I regained confidence to fly it more. Yesterday, it behaved well with no issues at all although I was only up about 8 minutes, getting some good pictures which was satisfying.

Today, I had problems again. On takeoff, instead of rising to the usual hover height, it went higher and seemed to be climbing slowly. There was no stick problem or any message. So I quickly hit RTH and it landed. Tried 3 times and then decided to start all over again from activating Go4. This time, it was under control and hovered at the normal height. Then I started to send it up and got a message ULTRASONIC SENSOR ERROR. LAND IMMEDIATELY. I obeyed the instruction and RTH down and could see that its descent was just a bit faster than normal though not at a dangerous speed. It landed hard and luckily I had fitted extenders with springs so the body was not hit.

I also got a strange message in the area where it's usually green on the top left which said something like Battery Self-Discharge in storage. I don't know what that meant but it seemed like a problem so I brought the drone down. Did another complete start-up sequence and the message didn't appear again.

I have read that the sensor message has appeared for other people although the cause does not seem to be certain. Someone suggested that those extenders might the the cause but I have used them before and had no such messages. I didn't use them yesterday so I cannot discount that being the cause yet.

I keep my gear stored properly when not in use. The drone is in a hard case almost all the time. The sensors (which I presume are those two circular openings with a mesh protector) look clean and undamaged. I gave them a gentle blow but on another try, the message returned.

Advice, guidance and comments appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm also getting this "Ultrasonic sensor error" 100% of my flights. It started for apparently no reason, but I can't get rid of it no matter what I try. I decided to turn the downward sensors off and just live with it, but lately I am getting this error even when all sensors are off. I noticed that before the error kick in, the VPS readings in the App are inconsistent. It shows the correct altitude a few moments, say 7m but suddenly it reads 0.3m, causing the mavic to climb up. And it keeps climbing until the error.

Have you tried to remove the extender legs? I read in the forum those extenders might trigger the error (which is not my case).

It seems that every other session, I get technical issues...

The same here. When I though I will finally enjoy my MP... So far, I spent way more time trying to solve problems than actually flying and having fun. I guess one have to be lucky buying a non faulty device.

I'm also getting this "Ultrasonic sensor error" 100% of my flights. It started for apparently no reason, but I can't get rid of it no matter what I try. I decided to turn the downward sensors off and just live with it, but lately I am getting this error even when all sensors are off. I noticed that before the error kick in, the VPS readings in the App are inconsistent. It shows the correct altitude a few moments, say 7m but suddenly it reads 0.3m, causing the mavic to climb up. And it keeps climbing until the error.

Have you tried to remove the extender legs? I read in the forum those extenders might trigger the error (which is not my case).

The same here. When I though I will finally enjoy my MP... So far, I spent way more time trying to solve problems than actually flying and having fun. I guess one have to be lucky buying a non faulty device.
It's a pity that the systems are so sensitive and can have problems on and off. Right now (keeping fingers crossed), my MP seems to have no issues and I can start to actually focus on getting nice images than worry about it misbehaving. After 8 months of various issues, I finally got to take the sunset shot that I had been wanting to take from the time I got a drone.

Attachments

• MP.JPG
    MP.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Mr. RTH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member