DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ultrasound Module Error after update.

flumpet

Reactions
I was one of the early adopters of Mavic in my country of Singapore. It flies like a dream and never gave me any problems. The sensors worked well as they should. I stuck with the initial firmware since the beginning.

I flew recently(3 days ago) after a hiatus of 4 months, being dec'16 my firmware was updated to the latest and when I did csc to take off it gave me an ultrasound module error warning. I checked the US sensors and Mavic underbelly for damages but it looks fine.

I decided to fly anyway and it still flies like it should. After taking off the sound goes away and but comes back every now and then. I'm wondering if the sensor is being "tricked" into thinking there is an error or something. When I wave my hand in front of the US sensors I can see on my GO app that it is detecting an obstacle as well. So what gives?

Anyone has a fix for this?

The fix is to send it for repair.
The warning was adjsuted a few months ago to reveal existing sensor problems that had previously gone unnoticed.

The fix is to send it for repair.
The warning was adjsuted a few months ago to reveal existing sensor problems that had previously gone unnoticed.
I just had a thought. When I flew my mavic after the warnings and all, I realised my video feed was foggy, indicating condensation or fogginess of my lens. It was probably due to temp changes when I took the drone out of my bag.

I'm wondering if the internals of the front sensors could also be fogged up this causing error readings.

I received the sensor warning on the 500 update then it went away on the 550 update, I have since updated to the 600 FM update and it comes up periodically as does a IMU error but then goes away. I don't seem to have any problems in flight, it seems to correct itself....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming