DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable fly higher than 30m with litchi

Grizzly_A81

Reactions
G'day All,

Discovered yesterday after planning my first relatively distant mission on litchi that
A) I couldn't fly higher than 30m regardless of settings in both DJI go 4 and litchi saying max was set to 500m
and
B) The mission I wanted to fly said it was outside the allowed radius or something.

Is there anything I can do about this? Altitude is not affected on DJI go 4 , however the ability to pre plan missions on Litchi is something I really like. But it wont let me fly a mission clearly within the mavic's capability :/

Any assistance is appreciated

That message and those flight limits are what happen if you are not logged in to the DJI account via the DJI Go4 app, or the app you are using is not logged in.

I just tried loading DJI after first loading Litchi to no avail. My restrictions are still in place :( max alt at 30m

Sorry, I loaded the app and made sure I was logged in, Switched back to Litchi and still only had me at 30m max. Is there a sequence I should be doing this? Like clear app defaults, choose DJI, then boot up drone load and log into DJI, then close the drone down and reset the default app again, next time choose Litchi, but leave dji as a background app? Im at a loss. I hope litchi are working on something to fix this

Sorry, I loaded the app and made sure I was logged in, Switched back to Litchi and still only had me at 30m max. Is there a sequence I should be doing this? Like clear app defaults, choose DJI, then boot up drone load and log into DJI, then close the drone down and reset the default app again, next time choose Litchi, but leave dji as a background app? Im at a loss. I hope litchi are working on something to fix this

I do not use Litchi so cannot help with that part. If you are using DJI GO4 to fly, as soon as you are logged in and have device connected to RC the limitations should get lifted. I would suggest first doing regular flight with just DJI GO and make sure the limits are getting lifted - then move on to the other app.

They are definitely unrestricted on DJI, can fly higher and everything. Its just that litchi has a very useful waypoint mode where you can pre plot them on the app before putting your device into the R/C as opposed to flying with DJI you have to first fly to the points and mark them as a waypoint in real time. Doesnt work as well as litchi becuase you still lose signal on your remote if you go too far, but pre plotted points allow to send the drone out further even if it loses signal it will complete the route.

The following is the sequence I would try:
1. Power up RC
2. Power up Mavic.
3. Start DJI Go4 app with device plugged in.
4. Make sure you are logged in to DJI account. (this should lift restrictions)
5. Kill DJI Go4 as it is no longer needed for this flight.
6. Start Litchi as usual.

Reactions: SilicaStorm
1. Power up RC
2. Power up Mavic.

I'll give it a go thanks for the assistance :)

G'day All,

Discovered yesterday after planning my first relatively distant mission on litchi that
A) I couldn't fly higher than 30m regardless of settings in both DJI go 4 and litchi saying max was set to 500m
and
B) The mission I wanted to fly said it was outside the allowed radius or something.

Is there anything I can do about this? Altitude is not affected on DJI go 4 , however the ability to pre plan missions on Litchi is something I really like. But it wont let me fly a mission clearly within the mavic's capability :/

Any assistance is appreciated
I have exactly the same problem. Definitely logged in, but limited to 30m. When I load DJI Go 4 I have no restriction.

"Radius limit 30 metres'" suddenly got this message today in transmitter screen and it would not fly more than 30 meters. I was using Litchi, had it in airplane mode, and no goapp4, does anyone know why this happened and what I need to do to clear it? Examined settings thoroughly and could see not radius limit set....

1. Power up RC
2. Power up Mavic.

This works for me, once Go confirms I'm logged into my account, I can kill Go, launch Litchi and fly normally. The issue I have with this is the new requirement to start Go first. I know it only takes maybe 30 seconds or so, but still, why is this needed? Has anyone checked with Litchi to see if they are planning to add a DJI login to eliminate this?

This works for me, once Go confirms I'm logged into my account, I can kill Go, launch Litchi and fly normally. The issue I have with this is the new requirement to start Go first. I know it only takes maybe 30 seconds or so, but still, why is this needed? Has anyone checked with Litchi to see if they are planning to add a DJI login to eliminate this?

They are supposed to have a new version coming out that removes the need to start GO4 first - but not sure when it is scheduled.

They are supposed to have a new version coming out that removes the need to start GO4 first - but not sure when it is scheduled.

I hope it's soon, would also be nice if the new version adds Spark support.

So my understanding is that you're told to make sure that Go *isn't* running when you start up Litchi.
I've ran my Litchi several times the past couple of weeks trying out missions and have flown a mile or so away.
Today I go to try out FPV with the cheapo goggles. First I have no video. I take off the Polar Pro ND16 and restart everything and now I have video. I cannot go more than 160ft in any direction.
What has me wondering is DJI just released a new version of the SDK and had to release a new version of Go. I wonder if Litchi needs to be recompiled. The support has been very unresponsive lately.
So in summary Litchi has flown just fine until today when it refused to go further than 150-160 ft away. DJI Go ran perfectly.

My understanding is that Litchi has not yet released their new version that will incorporate the new SDK. Until that happens it seems users need to first start GO just long enough to be confirmed as logged in, then GO has to be stopped, then Litchi can be started. Apparently this is the sequence that will allow flight without restrictions.

My understanding is that Litchi has not yet released their new version that will incorporate the new SDK. Until that happens it seems users need to first start GO just long enough to be confirmed as logged in, then GO has to be stopped, then Litchi can be started. Apparently this is the sequence that will allow flight without restrictions.
Yes, you are correct. Plus you have to do that sequence every time you power off the Mavic, like when you change batteries.

Yes, you are correct. Plus you have to do that sequence every time you power off the Mavic, like when you change batteries.
My problem however is, that I am using a Huawei P8 and it does not allow DJI Go4 and Litchi to be installed at the same time. Will it work if I install DJI Go4 log in, and then uninstall and install Litchi?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair