DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to change Frequencies on Mini 2

Gary R

Reactions
I hadn't flown my Mini 2 for a few weeks and when I started it back up it upgraded the Fly app to 1.2.4 ver 920.

I went into the transmission and found there was no option to change frequencies from 2.4 to 5.8. In on the graph it showed I was in 2.4 freq. The Frequency line was not showing and I could not scroll up to it. I tried on 2 phones with no success.

It still had the bandwidth option 10 or 20 Mhz.

The channel mode line still had the Auto and Manual option.

I'm running the latest firmware 01.02.0100 on the mini and 02.00.1200 on the RC.

I have tried the Fly 1.2.10 and 1.2.12 as well as 1.2.4.

Note that on the attached pic when I say I cannot scroll up or down, I can scroll down to get to the bandwidth line but the Frequency line is not showing at all at any time.

I also have the MA2 and have tried both RCs and get the same results.

I'm in Malaysia. It's a CE country. I'm using Android.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Transmission line.jpg
    Transmission line.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 28
I think Malaysia is an FCC country. The photo in the post indicates that it's running in FCC mode. Try connecting the controller to an iphone and then back to andriod. It proabably will solve the problem.

I think Malaysia is an FCC country. The photo in the post indicates that it's running in FCC mode. Try connecting the controller to an iphone and then back to andriod. It proabably will solve the problem.
Actually, Malaysia is an "CE" country. My previous MM1's were CE here and I had to hack them to get FCC mode in the 5.8 freq for a small boost. I also had a MM1 FCC model and had to hack it also.

You are correct that the pic showed FCC mode but I just grabbed from the web and it was not from my screen to show what line was missing.. My apologies.

I've put a pic from my phone here.

I'll try the Iphone switch as soon as I can borrow one. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• Transmission page.jpg
    Transmission page.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
Actually, Malaysia is an "CE" country. My previous MM1's were CE here and I had to hack them to get FCC mode in the 5.8 freq for a small boost.
The info from another Malaysian member in this post tells the opposite.

The Mini 1 is different because the hardware determines whether it's CE/FCC. Mini 2's radio transmit power is defined by the software / firmware.

The info from another Malaysian member in this post tells the opposite.

The Mini 1 is different because the hardware determines whether it's CE/FCC. Mini 2's radio transmit power is defined by the software / firmware.
Thank you, that's well understood and has been well documented. I have had both the MM1 CE and FCC models and had to hack them both for optimal performance here.

When the MA2 arrived here to many of our surprise it flew out of the box in FCC mode. I know Lee and we both were communicating about it when it came out.

When I got my MM2 it came out of the box in CE mode as can be seen in my last pic. Having said that, when I started it up this time I couldn't change the freq where I previously could.

As I've been on other projects I haven't had much time on the MM2 and haven't tried any hacks on it at all. It's an interesting problem.

Hopefully someone can give some advice to remedy the problem.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada