DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

unable to enter camera view

Mr. P

Reactions
I usually am able to work through these things but I'm very confused with this setup and seem to be relegated to "spitball troubleshooting". Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.
Firstly, this is my first DJI product. Maybe that might be helpful to some of you kind souls. I've read the manuals, viewed several setup videos and searched this and other forums and still have not resolved my problem of getting past the initial setup
Firmware is UTD, I have uninstalled all my phone apps, but DJI Go does not link to the a/c. The remote sees the a/c, as far as I can tell, but I haven't been able to spin up the props using just the remote. Do I need to re-link using the button on the Mavic?I have had some success with DJ assistant 2, whereas I have gotten through the fwd and bottom camera calibrations, but that is where it ends.
I think I can only go through another few firmware/software reinstalls before I give up and ask for factory service. I'm also considering plunking a few c-notes on a DJI-recommended phone, but I would really hate to do so. Anyone?

Make sure your device is switched to RC and NOT WIFI. To test if bound, move the yaw stick and look at camera. If camera moves when you yaw then the RC is bound to the AC.
Make sure you only use 1 port on the RC. Unplug the port that you are not using.
If you are using the bottom USB port, make sure the cable you are using is a DATA USB cable.
Are you able to get FPV and see what the mavic sees?

Mako79 said: Make sure you only use 1 port on the RC. Unplug the port that you are not using.

This one got me one time.... when I started using a full sized tablet I used the bottom port and left the short side port cable in.... the r/c would respond (gimbal tilt anyway) but no video downlink from the camera.... I removed the side cable and all was well :)

Have you created an account with DJI?
Not sure what happens if you haven't but the software should more or less force you to.
Have you got a recent version of the App preferably DJI Go4?
Older versions won't know anything about Mavics.

Just to rule out bad connection, try your main phone cable(s) - must be data type - int the larger USB, with small cable completely removed as mentioned above

Are you able to get FPV and see what the mavic sees?

Thanks for the reply. No, I have not been able to pull up the camera view. re: cables, they are suspect and I will rule out this possible cause during my next attempts. Also, I like your instruction to make sure I don't have a cable plugged in and not connected.
Really appreciate the comments.

Mako79 said: Make sure you only use 1 port on the RC. Unplug the port that you are not using.

This one got me one time.... when I started using a full sized tablet I used the bottom port and left the short side port cable in.... the r/c would respond (gimbal tilt anyway) but no video downlink from the camera.... I removed the side cable and all was well :)

Cactus Jack, firstly, gotta love that avatar! I don't know if that is your watchdog, but as a chihuahua owner and I'm well aware of that side of them (although I have not seen that level of asswholeiness from mine).
Thanks for the help. My a/c does go through the gimbal communication as well, but that where it ends. As noted to mako79, I am probably guilty of the unused port and will rule that out. Best regards ...

Have you created an account with DJI?
Not sure what happens if you haven't but the software should more or less force you to.
Have you got a recent version of the App preferably DJI Go4?
Older versions won't know anything about Mavics.

Just to rule out bad connection, try your main phone cable(s) - must be data type - int the larger USB, with small cable completely removed as mentioned above
4wd, thank you for taking a few minutes to reply.
Yes, DJI Go4 installed and DJI account active.
Based on the 3 replies, my plan is to make sure I have a good data cable and try again with my existing firmware and software versions. If that does not work I think I will factory-default both the remote and a/c firmware, uninstall DJI Go4 and try once again with the known good cable. It has to work, right? :confused:
Question for anyone: It does not matter if I use the USB port at the rear of the remote (opposite the antennas) as opposed to the port on the left side of the remote, correct?

I usually am able to work through these things but I'm very confused with this setup and seem to be relegated to "spitball troubleshooting". Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.
Firstly, this is my first DJI product. Maybe that might be helpful to some of you kind souls. I've read the manuals, viewed several setup videos and searched this and other forums and still have not resolved my problem of getting past the initial setup
Firmware is UTD, I have uninstalled all my phone apps, but DJI Go does not link to the a/c. The remote sees the a/c, as far as I can tell, but I haven't been able to spin up the props using just the remote. Do I need to re-link using the button on the Mavic?I have had some success with DJ assistant 2, whereas I have gotten through the fwd and bottom camera calibrations, but that is where it ends.
I think I can only go through another few firmware/software reinstalls before I give up and ask for factory service. I'm also considering plunking a few c-notes on a DJI-recommended phone, but I would really hate to do so. Anyone?

A lot of people are having problems with the DJI GO 4 app. Just go to the Google Play Store to read the reviews of the app there. Not a lot of love for that thing. I loaded the app (4) onto both my phone ,Samsung Note 4, and tablet, Samsung Tab S2, as was advised in the initial instructions. The GO 4 is worthless. Could not even access the manuals for the Mavic Pro. On either devise. The previously released app, DJI Go , I loaded and does work with the RC. Phone only though. The Tab S2 will not work with the Mavic controller. Why, I have no idea. They have the same Marshmallow software on them. May be a tech guy could explain it to me. The S2 is not listed as an approved devise. Almost all the Apple products are approved. When I first got the Mavic I saw on the box that the product was Apple compatible and then knew there was going to be trouble. iOS does not play nice with Android. So I bit the bullet and bought a iPad Mini 2. I feel like I just joined a cult so I could get next to the pretty girl.

Reactions: TBird
Update: After more and careful but unsuccesful attempts, I chatted with DJI. They are "confident that it will work if I switch to a factory recommended phone". I knew this was a possibility but thought my odds we pretty good that my Idol 3 One Touch would work. I can just get an unlocked phone, right? I doubt I'll fly using WiFi.
Thanks for your help, gentlemen.
PS, I threw in a Trump joke at the end of my chat session but the tech wouldn't bite.

Generally un-approved devices will still run the app and connect but might lag due to not fast enough or have some other problems such as elements of menus overlapping.
A dedicated device is a good plan anyway if nothing else because it soon gets tedious unplugging it from the controller every time.
Nothing wrong with Go4 in my experience most here are using it, but there clearly are some Androids don't want to play with DJi at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14