DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to Fly After Self-Unlock in Blue Autho Area

txaggie929

Reactions
So, I did a pre-flight check of the address I was going to. It showed to be in a blue authorization zone. So I did the on-line self-unlock about 36 hours ago at the house. I got the confirmation code, and uploaded it to my controller (the big controller, not my phone) and to my drone itself. It said the license was successful.

I went to said address today to fly, and still showed I was in a blue Authorization area and still asked if I wanted to self-unlock. It did NOT say it was a red-restricted area. However, I couldn't do a self-unlock while out there because my big controller did not have access to internet. So, wasted trip and unable to fly.

What did I do wrong?

So, I did a pre-flight check of the address I was going to. It showed to be in a blue authorization zone. So I did the on-line self-unlock about 36 hours ago at the house. I got the confirmation code, and uploaded it to my controller (the big controller, not my phone) and to my drone itself. It said the license was successful.

I went to said address today to fly, and still showed I was in a blue Authorization area and still asked if I wanted to self-unlock. It did NOT say it was a red-restricted area. However, I couldn't do a self-unlock while out there because my big controller did not have access to internet. So, wasted trip and unable to fly.

What did I do wrong?
I recently had the same unlocking problem in an area where unlocking worked for months. Here's what I discovered.

Mavic 2 PROSmart Controller – latest firmware – Class D airspace.

THE NEW UNLOCK HAS A PROBLEM - If you go to the dji.com site, then go to Support, then go to FlySafe, then choose UNLOCK ZONE you will be directed to the new Unlock Request page https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock-request/list. Any request I’ve made through the “+ New Unlock Request” … “Zone Unlocking” process has provided an authorization that fails to actually unlock the zone in the GO4 app on my Smart Controller.

THE FIX - If I use the old unlocking provided through the URL – Self Unlocking - Fly Safe - DJI then the DJI authorization that is generated WORKS. I hope DJI doesn’t remove the old URL until they fix the new system.

Good luck

I have had the same issue and think it may involve using the wrong serial number--controller serial # vs AC serial. I haven't had time to test this theory yet.
I also have trouble with on-site self-unlocking even though I do have cell service at the site. There used to be a menu pop up on DJI GO 4 that would let me self-unlock. Now I can't find it.

I recently had the same unlocking problem in an area where unlocking worked for months. Here's what I discovered.

Mavic 2 PROSmart Controller – latest firmware – Class D airspace.

THE NEW UNLOCK HAS A PROBLEM - If you go to the dji.com site, then go to Support, then go to FlySafe, then choose UNLOCK ZONE you will be directed to the new Unlock Request page https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock-request/list. Any request I’ve made through the “+ New Unlock Request” … “Zone Unlocking” process has provided an authorization that fails to actually unlock the zone in the GO4 app on my Smart Controller.

THE FIX - If I use the old unlocking provided through the URL – Self Unlocking - Fly Safe - DJI then the DJI authorization that is generated WORKS. I hope DJI doesn’t remove the old URL until they fix the new system.

Good luck

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try and see if that changes things.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803