DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to import Mavic 2 Pro file into Vegas Pro 13

zakeblack

Reactions
Getting an error when importing to Vegas Pro 13. Nothing wrong with the file it plays fine in VLC and imports into Final Cut Pro on my mac.

"Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files.

The file is most likely corrupted or of an unknown format"

After googling I found an article about K-Lite so installed those still the same issue. (Windows 10)

Any one experience this and resolve?

Incidentally the files from my Osmo Pocket import no problem?

I would try recording in H.264 and use MP4 as the file extension. I had the same issue, but on a Windows 10 machine. It was a codec issue and a combination of using the k-lite codec pack and installing windows HEVC extensions, every thing works including 10bit colour depth. Let us know how you get on.

best regards

Haggar the very 'orrible. ;-)

Reactions: LensLens
If it is the MOV that's the holdup, try renaming the file to mp4. The actual codec is the same (AVI I think), just different wrapper.

First of all, uninstall the K-lite codec pack. It can mess up your system.

I've used Vegas for over fifteen years and had almost 7,000 posts on the old Sony Vegas forum. Generally speaking, Vegas is great at playing just about anything, but your version 13 (which is the one I use) is old enough that newer formats will not play. If you recorded in the h.265 (that's h.265, not h.264), Vegas will not load that. Also, as others have said, Vegas isn't always happy when fed MOV files. There are ways to change MOV into something Vegas will work with, but the better way is to simply set your Mavic to a format it will play.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro, and have no problem with h.264 videos recorded in MP4 format. They can be 1920x1080 or 4K. I haven't tried the resolution between those two, but I suspect it too will play just fine.

Thanks all,

I'll remove K-lite first thing this evening, I don't recall if they are 265 or 264? I suspect 265! so will switch and convert what I have a retry.

Thanks

Andrew

I have no trouble uploading 264 mp4's to Vegas Pro 15.
If I remember correctly, MOV files wouldn't open on V15.
My biggest issue with Vegas is I haven't used it in a long time (older versions) and now I have to re-learn it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143