DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to lift off (nose dives)

DaleB

Reactions
After half a dozen successful flights, my Mavic Air 2 suddenly can't lift off. All the props appear to spin up, but on 'lift-off', the craft nose-dives. The rear raises up a few inches, the front doesn't get off the ground. I got an immediate 'Propeller Installation Error'. Several loosening and retightening of the props have not solved the problem. I've emailed DJI but thought I would also mention this here... in case there's a simple answer I've overlooked.

Last edited:
Have you attached the right propellers to the right motors

View attachment 105702
Ooops. Okay this is weird. I did six successful flights. I have no memory of having ever removed the props (only loosening them and retightening to make sure they're attached securely)... so I assumed they were still installed correctly. But when I went to try replacing them... yes... the front props were swapped. So uh... nevermind.

Last edited:
Ooops. Okay this is weird. I did six successful flights. I have no memory of having ever removed the props (only loosening them and retightening to make sure they're attached securely)... so I assumed they were still installed correctly. But when I went to try replacing them... yes... the front props were swapped. So uh... nevermind.
ummm i know someone (me) that got all excited and put the props on back to front...on lift off i got a message on the screen check prop installation and the drone ......

Spousal sabotage ;)

ummm i know someone (me) that got all excited and put the props on back to front...on lift off i got a message on the screen check prop installation and the drone ......

Rookie mistake

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique