Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to reformat SD card in bird and pc

Micke66

Reactions
Hi
My mavic suddenly got issues write on
My sd card ( SanDisk extreme pro 64gb)
When flying I get picture on dji go app and can also find the recordings on app.
But when checking sd card there is nothing.
When try to format card in bird it only takes a split second?
I’ve also tried to take out card from bird put in pc with no luck. When put in pc I’ll be prompt to formatt card. When try to do so I get failure on card.
I’ve now tried to do this with 3 different ( new compatible) cards with same result.
It seems that the bird “burns” the sd card when mounted in birds card reader.

Otherwise everything is working 100%

What to do???
Or where to send to repair ???

Apreciate answers

Mikke “up in cold north”

Regarding format, it is only a 'quick format', that is to say it just wipes the file index, it does not actually low level format the card. This is why MR ROBOT always puts his cards into the microwave oven to truly destroy the data on them.

If the app reports a successful format, then when you actually record something, I can imagine no reason why those recordings cannot be found on the card. Are you actually recording? When you use the app to view recordings, they are only from the SD card. There is also a video cache that you get full time, and has noting to do with recording, and is of inferior quality.

Hi
My mavic suddenly got issues write on
My sd card ( SanDisk extreme pro 64gb)
When flying I get picture on dji go app and can also find the recordings on app.
But when checking sd card there is nothing.
When try to format card in bird it only takes a split second?
I’ve also tried to take out card from bird put in pc with no luck. When put in pc I’ll be prompt to formatt card. When try to do so I get failure on card.
I’ve now tried to do this with 3 different ( new compatible) cards with same result.
It seems that the bird “burns” the sd card when mounted in birds card reader.

Otherwise everything is working 100%

What to do???
Or where to send to repair ???

Apreciate answers

Mikke “up in cold north”
I've had the "formatting failed" dialog off and on lately. It hasn't effected anything else -- it still successfully records.

I always erase my cards after uploading to my computer anyways, so it's probably no big deal. I'm thinking it's a software glitch, not a hardware glitch.

Hi again
Thanx for quick reply.
Yes, I’m sure that I’m recording. On app it shows total memory left on card ( around 2h 15 min)
Also when tap record tab it’s starts to count recording time.
But afterwards when taking sd card out of bird and put in pc there are no files.
But when put in pc and try to read card it prompts to reformat card ( which doesn’t work on pc)

I will try if I can use this ( now 3 different) cards on another device, but I’m pretty shure that they are “gone” all of them.

Is there some way to reset the bird to factory settings or anything else I can try?

Maybe connect bird directly to pc?

Indeed the DJI Assistant application for PC has an option to reset factory defaults.

You could put sd card into a different PC just to confirm its not your pc card slot that is the problem too.

Now I been trying different things to solve the issue. After being in local serious photo equipment shop (which also deals mavic) they recommended me to send the bird for repair????
I didn’t like the sound of that and startet to investigate a little myself.
When putting the sdxc card in my Mac I found the files. The index where missing but I found the different records I took.
After checking a little more it seems to
Be a problem if you try to format a sdxc card in “older or not sdxc compatible” devices.
My cards has been formatted in my old Microsoft pc and I think
The problems has started here.

When checking SAN Disk own homepage there is a fix to reset the sdxc cards to their fabric standard if you been unlucky to formatted the card in an older device

So I’m back in business without sending the bird for “reparation”

Thanks for your help, I wouldn’t find it out without Leeds regards memory card and recording

I’m more and more finished with pc. Never any problems with Mac regards audio video functions

Mikke

Reactions: Pathogen

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser