DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to update firmware for charger, hub etc

landyvlad

Reactions
Site
landyvlad.net
I have a Mavic Pro (or Pro Platinum - the DJI Assistant 2 program can't make up its mind.

In any event I am getting only 5 minutes flight time from the batteries.
I am unsure if this is an issue with the drone itself, but a friend suggested I should update the firmware on everything.

I updated the Drone and controller via the DJI Assistant 2 app, seemed to go OK.

Now trying to update the firmware on the charger and hub.
I have followed the directions strictly as per the Mavic-Battery-Charging-Hub.pdf file,

And using the program "MG Online Update Software A5" I get the error:
No device connected. Please check:
1. If the charger and the charging hub are powered on and the cables are corrected inserted (Refer to User Guide)
2. If the driver software is correctly installed (Refer to User Guide)
3. Refer to the firmware update section in the user guide to retry when update fails.

Based on the fact that the updater doesn't even seem to be recognising the charger and hub are connected, I assume that the issue I am having may be driver related

In the driver folder (inside the zip file MG_Smart_Charging_Hub_Update_Kit_v2.0_EN
there is a setup program, when I opened that, there is a file CH341SERú¿64╬╗ú®
shown as an application, when clicked that seems to be a self extracting archive, but WinRAR shows the following error:

Cannot open C:\Users\buyus\Downloads\MG_Smart_Charging_Hub_Update_Kit_v2.0_EN\Driver\CH341SERú¿64++ú®.EXE

I tried that one because I am running 64 bit windows, but for completeness sake I also tried the other version: CH341SERú¿32++ú®.exe

with WinRAR showing
???? C:\Users\buyus\Downloads\MG_Smart_Charging_Hub_Update_Kit_v2.0_EN\Driver\CH341SERú¿32++ú®.exe
the buttons in this case were a;; showing simply numerous ? marks, and when I clicked on where the extract button would ordinarily be - the following error was produced
?????????????????????????????????????????????

not all that helpful.

Í'd really appreciate if someone could talk me through how to resolve these problems please.

Oh I've also been told the batteries need firmware updates? If so... how ?

I have a Mavic Pro (or Pro Platinum - the DJI Assistant 2 program can't make up its mind.

In any event I am getting only 5 minutes flight time from the batteries.
I am unsure if this is an issue with the drone itself, but a friend suggested I should update the firmware on everything.

I updated the Drone and controller via the DJI Assistant 2 app, seemed to go OK.

Now trying to update the firmware on the charger and hub.
I have followed the directions strictly as per the Mavic-Battery-Charging-Hub.pdf file,

And using the program "MG Online Update Software A5" I get the error:

Based on the fact that the updater doesn't even seem to be recognising the charger and hub are connected, I assume that the issue I am having may be driver related

In the driver folder (inside the zip file MG_Smart_Charging_Hub_Update_Kit_v2.0_EN
there is a setup program, when I opened that, there is a file CH341SERú¿64╬╗ú®
shown as an application, when clicked that seems to be a self extracting archive, but WinRAR shows the following error:

I tried that one because I am running 64 bit windows, but for completeness sake I also tried the other version: CH341SERú¿32++ú®.exe

with WinRAR showing

the buttons in this case were a;; showing simply numerous ? marks, and when I clicked on where the extract button would ordinarily be - the following error was produced

not all that helpful.

Í'd really appreciate if someone could talk me through how to resolve these problems please.

Oh I've also been told the batteries need firmware updates? If so... how ?
Don't have that Mavic, but my Air2 updates the batteries - when required - when it does the firmware update. Yes, I have to swap out every battery to do so - but if it does one battery - I know all 3 require it.

My charging base does not have a way to update, so hopefully someone with your type Mavic has an answer for that.

Also check with DJI as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll