DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unblocking GEO Zone license on Fly More app

Kenh6468

Reactions
Has anyone gotten an unblocking license from DJI's website for the GEO Zone of the Mavic Mini android Fly More app? Is there a cost? What's involved? Is it simply a matter of requesting the license and the ublocking is automatically granted? Does the license allow the user to unlock their mini so they can fly it anywhere free from flight area restrictions? Are GEO Zone and GEO Fence the same?

Has anyone gotten an unblocking license from DJI's website for the GEO Zone of the Mavic Mini android Fly More app? Is there a cost? What's involved? Is it simply a matter of requesting the license and the ublocking is automatically granted? Does the license allow the user to unlock their mini so they can fly it anywhere free from flight area restrictions? Are GEO Zone and GEO Fence the same?
I got one for the Fly app and my Mavic Air 2, to fly in a special zone in New Zealand. I got ATC clearance then asked DJI for the unlock. After several emails over about 24 hours, it was provided online to the app. As I planned repeat flights, it was issued for an extended period (renewable). A bit frustrating to have to ask a Chinese person for consent to fly my drone, but we got there - eventually! ? (No cost)

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock

This will walk you through it...but no and double no you can't fly just anywhere..for me that's a good thing:)

I did it in NZ. First time it was rejected even though it was sheilded operation but got it second time with evidence of approval from local tower.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d