DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unclear security "issues" with forum posting

johnbirt

Reactions
I have now several times when submitting posts or replies received a message " Oops! security issue. Refresh page and try again". This causes you to lose any content you have produced. I have now resorted to copying any content before attempting to submit.

3 times this has occurred on separate occasions on different days.

I've never had that issue.

I’ve had that happen and just refresh page then it’s fine.

Reactions: Thomas B
I’ve had that happen and just refresh page then it’s fine.
Indeed but you lose anything you have typed. Logging in and out doesn't help much either.

With supreme irony as soon as I clicked on Reply to dirkclod's post I got the message! On this occasion I was just able to dismiss the popup and didn't need to refresh. Nevertheless I have copied this just in case!

Good job I did. Sure enough got the Oops! message and needed to refresh. If not I get the message again on posting or previewing.

Maybe the forum software isn't keen on Win 10 Insider Ring versions.

Can live with it as long as I Copy before posting/replying.

Well seems to be more issues with this and other things lately .I don’t know what would cause this but maybe @clackey can throw out an idea.

Where are you located?

UK NWest. Haven't had any further problems for a few days and I have posted a few times.
The moment I don't save a copy of post content Sod's law will apply no doubt!

UK NWest. Haven't had any further problems for a few days and I have posted a few times.
The moment I don't save a copy of post content Sod's law will apply no doubt!

Thank you for replying. The reason I asked it that I use Cpanel on my servers and the security features that are built-in, have problems with users in certain areas. Usually in questionable areas, India for example. I can't see that being an issue for your location.

I have experienced this occasionally when switching networks with different IPs. Norrnally, it can happen when I am at work and the network switches from one internet provider to another backup provider I have.

I have now several times when submitting posts or replies received a message " Oops! security issue. Refresh page and try again". This causes you to lose any content you have produced. I have now resorted to copying any content before attempting to submit.

3 times this has occurred on separate occasions on different days.
Are you using a VPN? I’ve had issues with attaching to my bank or even being unable to send email when using a VPN. And the message I get doesn’t even hint at the issue. For example, with the bank, I get a message saying the online service isn’t available right now, please try again in a little while. That went on for three days until I realized it was the VPN causing the problem, and I was able to log in right away. And remember, the VPN can make it appear as if you are logging in from a different country.

Last edited:
No VPN.
I mainly use an elderly but reliable laptop running Win 10 Insider Ring on my home network and via wifi. Its not a really big issue except when posting you lose what you have typed. Now I will save this before posting in case. Earlier today I noticed on a previous post I had spelt "from" as "form" as I do often. My OCD insisted I alter it and as soon as I clicked edit I got the "Oops ..." message, refreshed, altered it and was fine. Indeed just clicked POST REPLY and "Oops". Try again!

Last edited:
Not been on forum for much other than clicking links from daily/weekly emails and reading articles.
Still get regular "Oops we have a problem" usually when I click a menu item or icon. No big deal as I usually am able to refresh and get where I want but a repeated niggle as yet issue unresolved.

4/5 months on and I can guarantee for any new post or reply to an existing thread I will get an immediate Oops! as soon as I login for the first time.

f5 for refresh and then no issue but it clears anything I may have typed of course. Hence I always have to either remember to press f5 to refresh page on login or copy what I intend to post in case I get the Oops! and lose it all.

This is the only forum I get this niggle on. Clearly the forum security doesn't like cached data so insists on a page refresh,

This forum doesn't have a cancel so if I decide to not post something until later or not at all it will still be there waiting tomorrow except I I will lose it on refresh if I don't copy first.

Not a biggy but a bit puzzling as not come across this before anywhere else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54