DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

under investigation

Just in case anyone was thinking that Ireland is just a inconsequential backward little Island on the edge of Europe I encourage you you google the following.....
Drone trials Ireland 2023.....
The aviation authorities here are tough on the little guy to clear them from the skies so these big corporate interests can take over. We are a world leader in drone technology deliveries , and once this test bed system has been proven it will rolled out all over the world. Amazon/Google are the latest interested party developing and testing here. There skies aren't big enough for all of us and there's no money to be made from the recreational flyer .
Now if I were to wear my tin foil hat , looking in from the outside I think that's the real reason for the dji ban in the US. Ban the sale of DJI products in the US and you'll rid the skies of 80% of drone users with 5 years just in time for the amazon drones and the likes to take over

Last edited:
There skies aren't big enough for all of us and there's no money to be made from the recreational flyer .
Now if I were to wear my tin foil hat , looking in from the outside I think that's the real reason for the dji ban in the US. Ban the sale of DJI products in the US and you'll rid the skies of 80% of drone users with 5 years just in time for the amazon drones and the likes to take over
So they're using the 'back door' method to squeeze out the little guy... not the first time, won't be the last. That would be like instead of causing an outrage by banning cars, make the price of gasoline Sky High... kind of like the price of ammo these days.

Reactions: David MacNeill
I think that's the real reason for the dji ban in the US.

There is no ban on DJI drones in the U.S.

So they're using the 'back door' method to squeeze out the little guy... not the first time, won't be the last. That would be like instead of causing an outrage by banning cars, make the price of gasoline Sky High... kind of like the price of ammo these days.

And I see no global conspiracy with the FAA, EASA, Google, law enforcement, local governments, Amazon, city park employees, Karens, Shell Oil, and Winchester trying to "squeeze out the little guy." Who did I leave out?

Let's go fly.

There is no ban on DJI drones in the U.S.
Aren't there several federal and state government agencies, counties and municipalities banning the use of DJI drones within their agency?

And I see no global conspiracy with the FAA, EASA, Google, law enforcement, local governments, Amazon, city park employees, Karens, Shell Oil, and Winchester
It doesn't take a 'global conspiracy' between all the disparate agencies and entities that you mentioned for it to be happening.... slowly but surely.

Just in case anyone was thinking that Ireland is just a inconsequential backward little Island on the edge of Europe I encourage you you google the following.....
Drone trials Ireland 2023.....

Thanks for clarifying that Ireland is just a inconsequential backward little Island on the edge of Europe that hates drones.

j/k of course.

🤣🤣🤣

Anyone one on here ever been asked to provide their flight logs to a aviation authority ?
In Canada here, Transport Canada only requires the following - and is all you would have to provide if asked.

Which of the following records is required to be kept by the owner of an RPAS?

The following requirements apply to drones or RPAS weighing 250 grams or more in Canada. Transport Canada regulations require you to keep a record that includes the names of the pilots and crew members involved in each flight, as well as the time of each flight or series of flights.

I would check your local country regs for something similar.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
In Canada here, Transport Canada only requires the following - and is all you would have to provide if asked.

Which of the following records is required to be kept by the owner of an RPAS?

The following requirements apply to drones or RPAS weighing 250 grams or more in Canada. Transport Canada regulations require you to keep a record that includes the names of the pilots and crew members involved in each flight, as well as the time of each flight or series of flights.

I would check your local country regs for something similar.
And maintenance, modification or repair records. Don't forget those, under 901.48(1)(b).

They also have a 24 month retention period, as opposed to 12 for your flight/pilot records.

Reactions: WanderLost
Aren't there several federal and state government agencies, counties and municipalities banning the use of DJI drones within their agency?

It doesn't take a 'global conspiracy' between all the disparate agencies and entities that you mentioned for it to be happening.... slowly but surely.
Yes - some agencies have been ordered not to use DJI or other Chinese made drones by politicians who don't really understand that DJI Enterprise drones are built with encryption available and the ability to fly without connecting to the Internet or DJI. It's not just the Chinese government they're worried about, it's also about making the drones resistant to hacking and spoofing while in the air for nefarious purposes.

DJI has a white paper out explaining the lengths it goes to make the OS in the drones resistant to hacking, even to the point of making firmware updates locked out so only administrators can service the drones. They were specifically thinking about making the drones resistant to intrusion on the battlefield and by extension - safe from domestic terrorists in our own countries.

There is no national ban on DJI drones in the US.

The gradual squeezing of freedoms for recreational flyers is being driven by aviation commissions charged with keeping the airspace safe and free from intrusion by idiots who fly their drones near airports, accidents, fires, etc. Peeping toms and people who enjoy irritating others with their drones have made many in the public feel that drone operators in general disrespect their privacy and would love to seem them banned everywhere.

In Canada, Transport Canada just had public consultations on a number of improvements to drone use, including BVLOS and Extended VLOS operations that will greatly benefit flyers in this country. There are lots of hoops to go through if you are flying drones that are >250 grams - getting registered and licensed for example that is getting to be pretty much the norm all over the world.

Update . I got the word back from the Aviation authority . The reason for my investigation was I accidentally strayed very slightly into a geo zone ( A wildlife habitat ) which I was unaware of . A local who saw the video reported this infringement as they do volunteer work as a local project to maintain it. Apart from some other guidance on not flying over roads I'm good to go. I've asked him to send me a map of such zones as they are not marked on any UAS flight zone maps I have. My flights were deemed to be within VLOS so no worries there . Man the relief.

A simple error with a simple resolution. Good.

So much for all the fulminating about nefarious government overreach and broad-based efforts to squeeze out recreational SUAS operators. (Yes, yes, yes, I know. It's still going on.)
No , I'm still a tin foil hat guy , still believe uber eats and amazon deliveries will force us out at some stage

Update . I got the word back from the Aviation authority . The reason for my investigation was I accidentally strayed very slightly into a geo zone ( A wildlife habitat ) which I was unaware of . A local who saw the video reported this infringement as they do volunteer work as a local project to maintain it. Apart from some other guidance on not flying over roads I'm good to go. I've asked him to send me a map of such zones as they are not marked on any UAS flight zone maps I have. My flights were deemed to be within VLOS so no worries there . Man the relief.
Amazes me they won't allow flying over roads, presumably because of cars. Yet in Canada, people covered by a roof (car, house, etc) are deemed safe enough to overfly.

Anyway, glad it worked out. I think I said at the outset, most of the time these regulators are trying to educate and not eliminate.

No , I'm still a tin foil hat guy , still believe uber eats and amazon deliveries will force us out at some stage
I’m of the mind that built up/ populated areas won’t see such drone deliveries. Too much risk, I would think. Possible loss to accidents, miscalculations. Too tempting for a miscreant to try to capture or damage/ destroy a drone. Drug use, crime, idleness lack of responsibility seem to be on the rise.
More likely to me would be delivery of meds and other important things to more remote/ harder to reach areas and perhaps hospitals or buildings that are high enough and safer for drone arrivals and departures.

I am glad that your investigation had a positive result.

imagine if you had sent all your gear to Poseidon to "cover your tracks"
haha

imagine if you had sent all your gear to Poseidon to "cover your tracks"
haha

I’m of the mind that built up/ populated areas won’t see such drone deliveries. Too much risk, I would think. Possible loss to accidents, miscalculations. Too tempting for a miscreant to try to capture or damage/ destroy a drone. Drug use, crime, idleness lack of responsibility seem to be on the rise.
More likely to me would be delivery of meds and other important things to more remote/ harder to reach areas and perhaps hospitals or buildings that are high enough and safer for drone arrivals and departures.

It is now , but from the initial email to getting the all clear was over a week. That's a lot of worry . The thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is , I was corrected for flying into a wildlife geo zone , and I have spent the last few hours trying to find a map of these zones , to avoid this scenario going forward . Do you think I can find them ? Nothing on the IAA website or any drone training site I visited . I mean they're not making it easy for people to be compliant when the requirements are hidden away. These should be on clear display along with the general UAS airspace map.

Is this the new San Francisco?

JK, ;)

Pagliaccia Pizza will start delivering Pizza by Zipline Drone here in Metro Seattle starting early 2024.
And GNC will begin drone deliveries with Zipline in Salt Lake City, UT next year.

Ah, well good luck to them. I am skeptical/ cynical I guess. People are stealing packages from door steps and even right out of the delivery person’s hands. Also some people are concerned about being spied upon by drones.

It is now , but from the initial email to getting the all clear was over a week. That's a lot of worry . The thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is , I was corrected for flying into a wildlife geo zone , and I have spent the last few hours trying to find a map of these zones , to avoid this scenario going forward . Do you think I can find them ? Nothing on the IAA website or any drone training site I visited . I mean they're not making it easy for people to be compliant when the requirements are hidden away. These should be on clear display along with the general UAS airspace map.

But…..it IS clear that you have to fly within VLOS, and you didnt comply with that.😐

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52