DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

United Kingdom CAA Drone regulations

FoxRio

Reactions
Hi,

I recently purchased a drone (Dji Mavic Air) and would like to start recording some footage, however before I do I want to ensure that I do fully understand and follow the law. As I understand I do not need any qualification or training to use it for the recreational porpuses (Long as I follow drone code) but the question I have is: If I want to record outdoor activities such as hovercrafts or quadbikes which is offered by a commercial company, with their permission am I allowed to record and share the footage, if I am not getting any type of payment for the recording? Your guidance will be much appreciated.

Hi,

I recently purchased a drone (Dji Mavic Air) and would like to start recording some footage, however before I do I want to ensure that I do fully understand and follow the law. As I understand I do not need any qualification or training to use it for the recreational porpuses (Long as I follow drone code) but the question I have is: If I want to record outdoor activities such as hovercrafts or quadbikes which is offered by a commercial company, with their permission am I allowed to record and share the footage, if I am not getting any type of payment for the recording? Your guidance will be much appreciated.
no licence needed but get it registered anyhow for yourself .. stay with the drone guides and laws .. for your own safety and other people also and to stop the drone police and keyboard warriors starting a riot .

record what you want when / if asked if you get a few quid for it also how bad you didnt go out to look for work it more a thank you payment etc enjoy stay in beginner mode for a few weeks .. read the manual read it again and then read it again .. ask anything you like here great site a wealth of knowledge ..

fly safe

Reactions: Appleanddrone
Don’t panic! The CAA haven’t set the registration process up yet and, as you said, it doesn’t come in to force until 30 Nov 2019

Reactions: Appleanddrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada