DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unknown remote controller mode.

Lebensgefahr

Reactions
You can switch your remote controller in some special mode by pressing and holding two front buttons (video recording and photo) and then you should press power button shortly. When first and second leds will on and third led blinking press and hold power button until RC starts to flashing with to central leds in turn.
In this mode RC stops annoying with beeping every 5 minutes if it is not connected to RC. But connection with the drone is working in this mode. I didn't find any difference between normal mode and "silent" mode in internal linux. It boots the same linux kernel with the same parameters. I think RC will not beeping in this mode. I will try this mode ASAP (it is too windy).
How do you think what this mode is?

• Wow
Reactions: netsonic
Could it be some developer's debugging mode? I can imagine being a programmer or tester, you will quickly grow *very* tired of annoying beeping sound...

I will try this mode ASAP (it is too windy).

I can't help thinking that it's very risky to try to fly your Mini with the RC in a non-standard mode that you really have no idea about. I'd be much happier living with the occasional beep whilst knowing that I definitely had all of the advertised features working normally.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Could it be some developer's debugging mode? I can imagine being a programmer or tester, you will quickly grow *very* tired of annoying beeping sound...
Yeah but it doesn't Influences in any kind of internals processes. At least I didn't find any difference between the normal mode and this "silent" mode. I know the one useful function of this mode - it is stay silent when I connected to it with LAN-USB network adapter :)
My RC is bricked, I've already disassemble it. I will put some photos here soon.

Reactions: Old Timer
I can't help thinking that it's very risky to try to fly your Mini with the RC in a non-standard mode that you really have no idea about. I'd be much happier living with the occasional beep whilst knowing that I definitely had all of the advertised features working normally.
What doesn't kills mavic makes it stronger :) In this mode RTH button is not working, but I think it will work OK. I will check it ASAP. I will do it in a close distance to me to have full control. I'am expirienced air vehicle pilot (helicopters, plains, quadrocopters without GPS).

What doesn't kills mavic makes it stronger :) In this mode RTH button is not working, but I think it will work OK. I will check it ASAP. I will do it in a close distance to me to have full control. I'am expirienced air vehicle pilot (helicopters, plains, quadrocopters without GPS).

You're a braver man than me!

In case you have lost interest in your other thread, this is a duplicate of a question I asked there.

If you have connected a working controller to a Linux system via USB where does the system see or place the controller. I haven't used Linux is a decade (Mandrake (long gone I think)) but just added it (Mint) a week or so ago and may start using it.
/etc/fstab seems out of favour now so I am somewhat without a map

In case you have lost interest in your other thread, this is a duplicate of a question I asked there.

If you have connected a working controller to a Linux system via USB where does the system see or place the controller. I haven't used Linux is a decade (Mandrake (long gone I think)) but just added it (Mint) a week or so ago and may start using it.
/etc/fstab seems out of favour now so I am somewhat without a map
When I connected RC to USB port of my linux PC dmesg shows me the following.
[71426.174449] usb 1-3: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.31--LSDK-9.2.0_U11.14-g580e8c6-dirty wi #this kernel is in the RC firmware.
[71426.208962] cdc_acm 1-3:2.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
[71426.210414] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
[71426.210415] cdc_acm: USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters

But I don't know how to connect to it. I tried but it seems like there is a special protocol there.

I'am connecting to working RC thorough the Dlink DUB e100 usb to lan adapter.

You can switch your remote controller in some special mode by pressing and holding two front buttons (video recording and photo) and then you should press power button shortly. When first and second leds will on and third led blinking press and hold power button until RC starts to flashing with to central leds in turn.
In this mode RC stops annoying with beeping every 5 minutes if it is not connected to RC. But connection with the drone is working in this mode. I didn't find any difference between normal mode and "silent" mode in internal linux. It boots the same linux kernel with the same parameters. I think RC will not beeping in this mode. I will try this mode ASAP (it is too windy).

Does turning the controller OFF and then ON again, restore it's normal function (beeps)? Or do you have to do some more tricky button presses to get back to normal?

Does turning the controller OFF and then ON again, restore it's normal function (beeps)? Or do you have to do some more tricky button presses to get back to normal?
Yes you just need to turn it off (powering off without sound) and turn it on again to get into normal mode.

Reactions: ff22
I've got the answer from the DJI support.
May I know where you see this mode? Please offer me an image of it for review. Actually, there are no button combinations for Mavic Mini.

I found some leftovers of TPLINK routers in RC firmware. So it is possible that they are really have no thoughts about this mode.
I checked this mode again. It is a strange mode. When RC is in this mode there is a message on the phone "RC signal lost". So I can't control AC. I checked it with my powermeter and RC is working on the full power suitable for the current country. Video link is working but AC can't be controlled.

Reactions: AlamHK and dino9832
I compared file system dumps in this two modes and there is some difference in one file /etc/fs2/log0.txt. On the left side of | is normal mode. Left of < are missed strings in the flashing mode log.

Update ok flag:0 Update ok flag:0
fwupgrade, id:1b, loader:3020401, app:4020125, downgrade:1, package:2 4020125 fwupgrade, id:1b, loader:3020401, app:4020125, downgrade:1, package:2 4020125
fwupgrade, id:6, loader:100040a, app:100054c, downgrade:0, package:2 100054c | fwupgrade, id:6, loader:100040a, app:0, downgrade:0, package:2 100054c
fwupgrade no need update, id:1b fwupgrade no need update, id:1b
fwupgrade no need update, id:6 | fwupgrade need update, id:6
check consistant upgrade done. check consistant upgrade done.
MCU_LOG: 1, 1024,1024,1024,1024,1024 <
[GND] CC:US FCC Cal:0, freq:5745 bw:5MHz rate:NA txpower:11, link:0 phone:0 sw:0kbps [GND] CC:US FCC Cal:0, freq:5745 bw:5MHz rate:NA txpower:11, link:0 phone:0 sw:0kbps
mem_use = 44%, cpu_use = 11% mem_use = 44%, cpu_use = 11%
MCU_LOG: 1, 1024,1024,1024,1024,1024 <
MCU_LOG: 1, 15356=-242,3710,34,0,2,0,18,1,56,64,60,0,-13,1 <
try scan flush try scan flush

So it looks like this mode is made for booting some different firmware or it's part.

Reactions: AlamHK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes