DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking an Authorization Zone - pls confirm how it is supposed to work.

i can tel you how it is 'supposed' to work... so, first you need to power up smart controller. bring up the hotspot on your phone. connect smart controller to the internet via your hotspot - check if it is live.
power up your drone. start the go4 app, connect to drone and try to execute the takeoff by pressing takeoff button and the slider on the screen - i saw it is a most reliable way.

now, IF you have internet connection, it supposed to bring up on the screen that dreaded dialogue, and, as i understand, you actually got to that step, if you received code to your phone.
Thanks for the explanation, I just got my smart controller and cant believe how something called smart need to have all this silly work around to unlock the zones. I am really thankful for you for explaining it in full detail like that. I guess I will have to keep my cellphone hot spot on for the duration of the flight just in case.
Silly thought, can the mavic 2 be connected to the smart controller AND the stand alone cellphone at the same time?? just to use the cellular data on the phone to unlock and bypass the smart controller altogether?

You can have the AC paired to 2 remotes, one as primary (likely your SC), other as secondary.

You don't need internet the whole time, just long enough to cache the map and unlock the authorization zone.

Thanks for the explanation, I just got my smart controller and cant believe how something called smart need to have all this silly work around to unlock the zones. I am really thankful for you for explaining it in full detail like that. I guess I will have to keep my cellphone hot spot on for the duration of the flight just in case.
Silly thought, can the mavic 2 be connected to the smart controller AND the stand alone cellphone at the same time?? just to use the cellular data on the phone to unlock and bypass the smart controller altogether?
what i do, always - i submit requests for zone unlock from my PC, up front, and copy those codes to the smart controller at home, before getting to the location where zone exists. it saves quite a lot of time.
but, it can be done on location as well, of course.

Hi,
this occurred for me today. I was trying to unlock with smart controller using my mobile phone hotspot.
I went to flysafe website and pushed the unlock a zone button.

Website answered "The mobile application is not supported now. Please visit desktop application".

So does this mean I have to do it at home (with PC) before I go to the no-fly zone? This is pretty stupid.

The second option didn't work with smart controller (through the DJI 4 GO app). :/

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv