DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking drone in NFZ with permission

LAANC does indeed let you get authorization in advance. In Airmap, click "now" and change it to when you want to start.

Flysafe is indeed inconsistent.
When they first started with the blue and red zones for approach paths, they had red a little ways out from both runways at the airport near me, and blue for the rest of the way up to 5 miles. Now they have approach and runway only blue, and only for one of the runways. The other runway they now skip is just as active.

The color codes on the flysafe are red, blue, yellow, orange, grey and green.
Also when viewing the map, be sure to select your drone model. The lighter drones may get more leeway, not that it should really matter.

I agree airmap shouldn’t care where I am when I set my flight path, however, it does. See photo attached. Open the photo to see at the bottom, when I request authorization and I’m not on site, it just says begin flight. Only when I’m on site, does it text me a code.
I'm hundreds of miles from that location and just got approved in Airmap and got a SMS with the approval code. Make sure you reduce the radius of your flight plan to not include the adjacent sector with a "0" max altitude. You can't be approved to fly in 0 sectors as a recreational pilot and even as a Part 107 pilot that requires further coordination and isn't instantly approved.

I'm also confused why you need to manually seek approval for that spot with DJI since it's clearly in the blue bubble on DJI's GeoMap. What sort of message do you see on your screen when you try to start your motors there?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-095051.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-095051.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20190825-100321_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-100321_Messages.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
And no, DJI does not allow me enter the code on site, I must use a desktop to access the flysafe website. I can use google chrome to access desktop mobile, but then DJI requires a few days notice, I just can’t get text approval from airmap unless I’m on site ready to fly which doesn’t work with DJI, so the whole process is circular. Also, red zones appear on DJI, those are specific flight paths, what I call pink is where I am, not red, but 4 miles away from airport, just not the 5 it requires to be completely out of zone
DJI probably wants to log a physical IP address cause they are creepy like that but DJI red zones for an airport usually aren’t 5 miles away. Typically they are just in the immediate area around the runway. If you have a red zone that far from the runway it must be for some other reason

And no, DJI does not allow me enter the code on site, I must use a desktop to access the flysafe website. I can use google chrome to access desktop mobile, but then DJI requires a few days notice, I just can’t get text approval from airmap unless I’m on site ready to fly which doesn’t work with DJI, so the whole process is circular. Also, red zones appear on DJI, those are specific flight paths, what I call pink is where I am, not red, but 4 miles away from airport, just not the 5 it requires to be completely out of zone
Try moving the circle to the area you want to fly. Create flight plan. Submit?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661