DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking in Belgium: howto and how long is it valid?

Ronny St.

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all,
I have been looking for some information and found tons of stuff about it, but I still didn't figure it out, so I want to try it here ;)
As a school teacher, I take pictures with various DSLRs of events for decades now, but some time ago I bought me a Mini 2 to be able to expand my photographic skills with aerial photography. Once the school board heard about this, they wanted me to take some aerial shots from the buildings (for brochures etc) and of some forthcoming events of course.
Unfortunately, the school is located in a 'blue authorization zone' on DJI flysafe maps, since the Airport of Antwerp is located nearby. As I do not want to try out to get high altitudes but restrict it to a height to oversee the buildings and events, I am sure I can fly safely, but:
1. what steps are required to unlock my Mini 2 in preferably the most easy way ;)
2. how long does an authorization last so that I know if it is still valid?

Thanks in advance for all tips!

Kind regards,

Ronny

Last edited:
100 reads of this topic, but no response yet. I tried today to take of from the school ground, but was enable to take off due to 'authorization zone'. Is there a pilot from Belgium that has more experience with that matter?

100 reads of this topic, but no response yet. I tried today to take of from the school ground, but was enable to take off due to 'authorization zone'. Is there a pilot from Belgium that has more experience with that matter?
Personally I’d look into social media groups of Belgian drone flyers. More niche specific. Wish I could help.

Reactions: Ronny St.
Hello Ronny, I never used it, never flew in a no fly zone yet, but on he site www.FDR1.be there is lot's of info and a full "how to" to answer your question. Lesson 26 in their school is wat you need. use following link:

Reactions: Ronny St.
Super! Thanks for responding. I did not know of that site so that is a great improvement for me! I'am gonna read it right a way.

Update: seems you need to register as a pilot first? I thought that was not necessary for a Mini 2 in Belgium since that sits in the category of 'toy drones' ...

In flemish ;) Super! Bedankt om te reageren. Ik kende die site niet dus dat is een hele aanvulling voor mij. Ik ga het direct lezen.

Update: het lijkt erop dat je je als drone-piloot moet registreren? Ik dacht dat dat niet nodig was voor een Mini 2 in België omdat die onder 'speelgoed' drones valt...

:)
ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

I have sent a mail to my vendor and he answered it is due to the upgrade of the DJI Flysafe database that I probably have limited myself since in the previous version one could still lift off to a predefined height. He states that it cannot be rolled back to a previous version. I feel so sorry and even somewhat punished I have updated it with the best intentions ...😢

Registration as operator/pilot is necessary in belgium /EU for<250gr if equiped with camera.
This registration is free in belgium.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada