DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking License List in Smart Controller

Has the process of uploading an unlocking license changed in recent months?

Can anyone tell me where the Unlocking License List went that was previously under the General tap on the Smart Controller?
Do you mean unlock the Geo zone for DJI? I only have the DJI RC controller and you have to go into the dji fly app after the controller and AC are on but not flying and go to settings and under safety choose the unlock geo zone... Hope this helps?

Do you mean unlock the Geo zone for DJI? I only have the DJI RC controller and you have to go into the dji fly app after the controller and AC are on but not flying and go to settings and under safety choose the unlock geo zone... Hope this helps?
Previously, once I had my local LAANC permission I would go to the DJI website and do a custom unlock by uploading the LAANC permission. Once that was approved (generally within a couple minutes) I would then turn on my Smart Controller and the drone, go to the General tab on the Smart Controller, scroll down to unlocking license go in there and select the license for the area I would be flying in and it would load that unlocking license into the Smart Controller and drone. That option (unlocking license list) is no longer available in the General tab. So it has either been moved or the entire process has changed. I’ve reached out to DJI but no reply yet. I’ve updated the FW on the controller so that is current.

Previously, once I had my local LAANC permission I would go to the DJI website and do a custom unlock by uploading the LAANC permission. Once that was approved (generally within a couple minutes) I would then turn on my Smart Controller and the drone, go to the General tab on the Smart Controller, scroll down to unlocking license go in there and select the license for the area I would be flying in and it would load that unlocking license into the Smart Controller and drone. That option (unlocking license list) is no longer available in the General tab. So it has either been moved or the entire process has changed. I’ve reached out to DJI but no reply yet. I’ve updated the FW on the controller so that is current.
Do a live chat and they should be able to help quicker

Finally figured it out. I was signed out of my DJI account and did not know it. So the DJI GO 4 app was not linked to my account therefore the option to load the unlocking license from DJI was not available. I never logged out of my account and other than the Unlocking License list being missing there was no visual way to tell that I was not signed into my account.

Finally figured it out. I was signed out of my DJI account and did not know it. So the DJI GO 4 app was not linked to my account therefore the option to load the unlocking license from DJI was not available. I never logged out of my account and other than the Unlocking License list being missing there was no visual way to tell that I was not signed into my account.
Thanks for posting the solution! I encountered this just a couple days ago on an 8-month unlock on DJI Go 4 / original smart controller. Where did the darn licenses go? Now I know what to check - thank you!

Surprisingly, though I got the dreaded notice to get internet service to the controller to properly take responsibility for flying in this Geo zone, this time I could bypass the notice and launch & fly. Even though I couldn’t see the previously applied unlock in Go 4, the drone was indeed unlocked for my location. Still, it was an unwelcome frustration on the day.

Ran into this problem the past couple of weeks and was wondering "what did I do now", I don't remember signing out of my DJI account so after reading this I signed on to my DJI account with my smart controller and there it was..a miracle..😂. Frustrating how much time I wasted trying to figure it out, I'm not here a lot but you would think I would know by now the answer I seek is on this forum. Thanks guys. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor