DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unofficial Leaked Mini 2 Images!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Interesting! Thoughts? Totally Unofficial! Some are already saying it’s fake due to some photoshop work on the rear sensors. So, before you start posting them, know it’s already done here. ;)
38027243-61BF-4F48-9FC8-B919032CE694.jpeg

Looks like it's still 249 grams. :)

Yeah, it’s fake seeing as to how we’ve seen an official fcc filing image showing a rear door inserted battery a la the original as opposed to a top mounted one. Those style of batteries would take up a lot more room and wouldn’t fit as nicely as the ones inside the 2 way charger defeating the purpose of the word “mini.”

Also, you can tell they used the original Mavic mini image to edit, because there’s no space in between “mini” and “2” on the arm and they tried to sneak it in there, but ran out of space because of the propeller, resulting In “Mavic Mini2“ which just doesn’t line up with their other releases.

Last edited:
Is just a bad photoshop. If you notice the sensors are just inserted as a bad photoshop. Is a fake image.

Mavic mini 2.jpg

This image was edited from a photo originated at DJI store website.57ddeda59809a1fcf64087a669f9b9103ac121b483fb8fd31357ff994d0790ce.0.JPGmmexport1602857493921.jpgIMG_20201016_222140.jpg

Definitely fake. You can see the fringing around the added lines where it's been edited.

When the real photos get leaked -- here's to hoping they trade out this foam in the front arms for something more stable:

1603043542017.png

When the real photos get leaked -- here's to hoping they trade out this foam in the front arms for something more stable

What issues have been caused by the foam? Seems stable enough to me.

in sport mode on hard curves and movements, or windy weather, both front arms are very fragile with that foam and the props will kick the upper case and even the arms, some people and I changed that foam with hard plastic 3D printed, no scratches or kicks at all after that

in sport mode on hard curves and movements, or windy weather, both front arms are very fragile with that foam and the props will kick the upper case and even the arms, some people and I changed that foam with hard plastic 3D printed, no scratches or kicks at all after that

Interesting. That’s not something I’ve experienced.

It's a small improvement I think we'll see in the Mavic Mini 2 since it's a known issue.

But it’s difficult to see how can do that and still keep the weight below 250g. The weight of the Mini is already an important factor and will become increasingly significant in Europe when the new regulations come into effect at the end of the year - the rules will be less restrictive for drones below 250g.

the MM2 will only be a viable investment if it comes with the new c rating ,otherwise in the UK it will still be a legacy drone ,i will not be purchasing any more drones till the new c rated models come online ,my MPP is now two years old and my MM is nearly a year old and they both perform as required there will be a two year transitional period for legacy drones ,that will end on the 31st december 2022,then they will be restricted to even more regulation with regards to where they can be flown,if i am lucky and my drones last till then ,i will then get one that fulfills the current regs at that time

Reactions: maelstrom
When the real photos get leaked -- here's to hoping they trade out this foam in the front arms for something more stable:
One of my big problems with the Mini was how fragile it seemed. I felt like I had to be very careful just unfolding the thing. There's only so much you can do to make it more robust at 249 grams.

there will be a two year transitional period for legacy drones ,that will end on the 31st december 2022,then they will be restricted to even more regulation with regards to where they can be flown

The cutoff date of 31 December 22 doesn’t apply to legacy drones weighing <250g, which will continue in the A1 legacy category after that date. If your Mini is still going strong at the end of 2022, it will continue to have the least restrictions of any class of drone in the EU/UK.

One of my big problems with the Mini was how fragile it seemed. I felt like I had to be very careful just unfolding the thing. There's only so much you can do to make it more robust at 249 grams.
i agree to a point, but actually that apparent fragility plus its light weight actually works in its favour when it comes into contact with something,like a small branch on a tree ,the fact that the props are very loosely hinged at the pivot points allows them to swing out of the way and then recover quickly as inertia takes over ,this allows the drone to stay air born and continue flying after such an event ,this combined with its light weight enables it to flex rather than snap, and if the drone does hit the ground or some other object in its path then it soaks up the impact ,a bit like the flexible bumpers do on a low speed impact on modern vehicles

i agree to a point, but actually that apparent fragility plus its light weight actually works in its favour when it comes into contact with something,like a small branch on a tree ,the fact that the props are very loosely hinged at the pivot points allows them to swing out of the way and then recover quickly as inertia takes over ,this allows the drone to stay air born and continue flying after such an event ,this combined with its light weight enables it to flex rather than snap, and if the drone does hit the ground or some other object in its path then it soaks up the impact ,a bit like the flexible bumpers do on a low speed impact on modern vehicles
I'm not saying it doesn't have its place, and I've often said it's a pretty remarkable piece of engineering. But, I only want one drone, at least for now, so I sold the Mini and bought an Air 2.

Reactions: old man mavic

That was it for me as well. It just didn’t seem like serious kit.

I get that the thing needed to be that way to make it 249 grams, and I came to the conclusion that I frankly didn’t care about it being 249 grams in the first place, so why am
I making this compromise in quality.

I’m sure that the “flex” that it provided aided in some crash resiliency, but if we’re being honest, it didn’t seem to matter all that much in the many wreck photos I’ve seen online.

Another thing that bugged me was the “fake” front sensors.. Maybe it’s just me, but stuff like that grosses me out and it screams cheap. It’s like the fake antennas on some low end drone controllers. I can’t feel good about a product when it has crap like that going on. Function should dictate form, and DJI should have just left that out of the molding. It was only there to simply provide a “styling” so as to be in line with the other Mavic models, and as long as that’s the case, now I think of the entire thing as a toy...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser