DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unresponsive to touch

RussOnTheRoad

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom/Smart Controller package. I have updated and refreshed the firmware for both and all 3 batteries I have. Sometimes I find that the Smart Controller is rather unresponsive to touch--I may have to tap on an icon multiple times before the controller responds. Sometimes this is operator failure--it turns out my thumb on my other hand is in contact with the edge of the screen so all the tapping in the world isn't going to do anything. Sometimes, I think, it is the Smart Controller.

Has anybody else had an issue where the SC requires multiple taps in order to respond?

I just recently broke down and got a smart phone which is also android based and had to teach myself not to tap on screen to get it to work, almost all buttons will not do what I want unless I use just a gentle touch. Seems like I had to learn the same with the SC. Maybe a gentle touch instead of a tap could be what you need with yours. Am interested to see if this helps you.

My new phone came really close to getting that kind of treatment.

I can’t remember if it has a sensitivity setting or not, maybe check that out if there is one

It would be great if there was such a sensitivity adjustment. I have not seen one, but I have not looked. I do not recall ever seeing such an adjustment for my iPhones or iPads which are the only other touch sensitive devices I have owned.

Reactions: Smalls
Have not experienced that in the 4 months (82 flights) I've had the SC.

I have had that happen. I learned to use a soft touch. Also I installed a Screen Protector and that almost eliminated the problem entirely.

Im having the same issue, seems to worsen after I fly a few batteries in a row and the SC heats up. I am using a screen protector and in sunshine use shade on the screen as well.

The only thing that seems to solve it for me is licking my finger and then partly drying it. I love everything about this unit except for this, the tactility is pretty inconsistent and gets unnerving when I am trying to get things done quick.

I'm hoping a FW updated fixes this, it's very annoying.

I did a factory reset and it seems to have done the trick. Another thing I notice is that when I fly more than 4 batteries back to back and don't turn off the controller when "Hot Fueling" it gets warm and does get a tad finicky in terms of haptics.

Other than that, the thing is great!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn