DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unsteady flight

Alloy

Reactions
I've had my Air for about a week now and just got the chance to fly her yesterday. I noticed immediately that she does not maintain a steady position even with 14 satellites. I was going to upload a video but I was using my phone at the time with the remote. I'm not talking a bit of drift left or right but actual unsteady movement including a bit of tilting. So much so that the gimbal couldn't keep up with it all. No I was not in Sport mode. The was just some hovering in my driveway. I also experienced quite a bit of vid signal loss. I double checked the frequencies and verified I was on the clearest signal. I couldn't get more than 200m away before video signal loss. Shortly after that the display stated signal loss and the Air returned shortly thereafter. Not sure if I got a dud, but I'm hoping I can still return/exchange for another one. I got this from DJI directly.

Thoughts?

Try another location, if you have a concrete drive way with rebar in it , the compass in the drone might get messed up

My driveway is asphalt. I was sure to stay away from concrete. I did read something about the firmware update resolving unsteady takeoff issues. I've already upgraded to it. I will try it out in the morning

If u are talking about the shaking. Yes fw from today did resolve it ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse