DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unsupported media type

Jwalts27

Reactions
Anybody find a fix for this? When trying to send a photo In a text message I get this. Using a Note8 phone. Sending it directly from the Dji app seems to work but is a pain. Doesn't send from my phones photo folder

This has been an issue on many Galaxy products since the recent oreo update.

This has been a solution to many, including myself...

Here is the path for the reset.

Settings (widget symbol in upper right) Apps (Default apps, App permissions) Tap on the three-dot symbol on upper right of APPS menu Select Show system apps Select Media Storage Long press on Storage Press both Clear Data and Clear Cache Clear Data will give you a big warning that application data will be permanently deleted. This is not deleting your photos and videos. It is only deleting how the apps find them. Once this is deleted the apps will start finding them again which is what resolves the problem. Wait for apps to find all the photos and videos. You can use your phone during this time but it may take awhile until you see all your pictures.

This has been an issue on many Galaxy products since the recent oreo update.

This has been a solution to many, including myself...

Here is the path for the reset.

Settings (widget symbol in upper right) Apps (Default apps, App permissions) Tap on the three-dot symbol on upper right of APPS menu Select Show system apps Select Media Storage Long press on Storage Press both Clear Data and Clear Cache Clear Data will give you a big warning that application data will be permanently deleted. This is not deleting your photos and videos. It is only deleting how the apps find them. Once this is deleted the apps will start finding them again which is what resolves the problem. Wait for apps to find all the photos and videos. You can use your phone during this time but it may take awhile until you see all your pictures.

So i did this last night. Went out to fly this morning and now NO photos will show up on my phone. They show up on the SD card for drone but nothing is carrier over to the phones Gallery Folder or in the DJI folder. Any ideas?

Give it time to refresh...it takes time for all of your apps to reset the pointers to your photos. They will start showing back up again after some time. My phone did the same thing when I did this...and I was convinced I'd lost all of my pictures, but they started "repopulating" after some time. This fix is from the Samsung forums...

I know they took time to refresh i did it last night. What im saying is any new photos i take with the Drone are not showing up on my phone. For example i was just out now flying it around and took a bunch of photos and none are showing up on the phone. Shouldnt they show pretty much instantly like an other app would? They arent even showing up in the DJI app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22