DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unusably choppy 4k30 video from Mavic Air :(

Not fine I used a SanDisc Ultra and my video was choppy, looked like crap. Replaced it with the SanDisc Ultra Extreme, 100mbs, video looks great. Definitely the card.
Listen do some research man sandisc ultra is u1!!!!!!! No sh#t u went to a u3 or v30 card dude....so nah its not the card bruh. The air will not use all 100mb/s conversion gives u 12.5mb/s and your first card wasnt up for the task (u1 slowwww) i have the same card as guy above u im telling him its good to go i use this everyday, its a u3....we also dont know what his setup is , his comp could be ancie t and cant render 4k correctly ....fastest card in world wont fix that.. you do need a laptop or desktop capable of rendering 4k vid also

Listen do some research man sandisc ultra is u1!!!!!!! No sh#t u went to a u3 or v30 card dude....so nah its not the card bruh. The air will not use all 100mb/s conversion gives u 12.5mb/s and your first card wasnt up for the task (u1) i have the same card as guy above u im telling him its good to go its a u3....we also dont know what his setup is , his comp could be ancie t and cant render 4k correctly ....fastest card in world wont fix that..

I did my research “man”. Ultra is choppy 4k Extreme is fine. Did it twice. Ultra works perfectly in my Mavic Pro, doesn’t work well in Either of my Inspire 2’s.

I did my research “man”. Ultra is choppy 4k Extreme is fine. Did it twice. Ultra works perfectly in my Mavic Pro, doesn’t work well in Either of my Inspire 2’s.
U obviously didnt ....ultra is choppy because its an older u1 card and it works fine in pro because of the lower bit rate 60mb/s equates to 7.5mb/s that card barely works for pro... as a matter of fact when I used one of those crappy cards in my Pro sometimes I would see stuttering when turning or jitteriness.....wont work will in your inspires because again. They have a higher bit rate. Okay so what have we learned anyone who wants to have nice 4K video with the mavic air or anything with 100mb/s data rate use a u3 card not a u1

Like i said that u3 is what matters u1 will not cut it with air. Which is what the sandisk ultra was...and dont be fooled by the"ultras" and "pro" or "extremes" just look for u3....also guys beware when buying online like ebay etc....lots of fake cards....rflindall your card is absolutely fast enough its just your computer or could be fake depending on where u bought it?

Here ya go rflindall same card as u 2 7 @ 60fps no jittery super smooth

Attachments

• 20180228_233557.jpg
    20180228_233557.jpg
    849 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20180228-233527_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180228-233527_Chrome.jpg
    880.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I only use class10 16GB cards because bigger cards can slow down things.
This information is wrong. It's smaller cards getting full that can cause problems, because the less free space, the more time it costs to write to that space. This is a common symptom of all sdcards/SSD's/etc. The bigger, the faster, period.

Reactions: dannybgoode
dont be fooled by the"ultras" and "pro" or "extremes" just look for u3....
Fooled by Sandisk Extreme? The Sandisk Extreme series perform better than your U3, especially for longer periods of writing where the sdcard gets hot like in our drone.

D'oh! Just looked deeper in the app and now see the Slow SD Card warning. I'll pick up a UHS3 card tomorrow and give it another shot.

Thank you!

You don't need a UHS 3 card, UHS 1 is MORE than enough. You need a U3 or V30 card. UHS is the bus, the U3/V30 are minimum sustained speed write speed ratings (MB/s corresponding to the number, and you need at least 12.5MB/s which is why the Class 10/U10 cards don't work).

A lot of cards sound fast or are quick to advertise "up to100MB/s!!!" but that is NOT the minimum sustained write speed, it is the momentary maximum read speed, which is irrelevant for this discussion.

Choosing a card becomes very, very, simple when you understand a couple of the symbols. U3 or V30 and you're good to go. Class 10, U1, are NOT enough. The UHS doesn't matter because even UHS1 is plenty fast.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I took my mavic air for a flight yesterday and had some problems with the footage when it reached around 1000m distance. I kept getting the "slow sd card" warning even though I believe I have the right card, Scandisk Extreme Pro 66GB U3 A2.
Do you think it could be a problem with the card?
When I watch the footage it was a bit choppy on my phone and really bad on my laptop but I think my laptop can't really cope with 4K footage.

Thanks for reading

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64gb in the MA.. I'm running a 2011 imac 2.5GHs i5 and it's choking on 4K. I plan to upgrade when we recover from buying the Spark and then the MA in 3mos. I'd like to record and save the 4K but be able to watch it now. I've already tried VLC. Thanks for looking and any ideas I might try.

I only ever use SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Pro in all my cameras and drones and never had an issue.

Wouldn’t use anything else...

Hi guys, I took my mavic air for a flight yesterday and had some problems with the footage when it reached around 1000m distance. I kept getting the "slow sd card" warning even though I believe I have the right card, Scandisk Extreme Pro 66GB U3 A2.
Do you think it could be a problem with the card?
When I watch the footage it was a bit choppy on my phone and really bad on my laptop but I think my laptop can't really cope with 4K footage.

Thanks for reading

Distance shouldn’t have any effect on the recording on the card that was in the drone? Are you sure you’re downloading the footage from the card in the drone and not the cached footage on the phone?

The footage you see on your phone and any playback of it will be affected by range as it can only record what is sent back to it and this does start to break up when the signal is poor.

The drone though is recording at all times to its memory card and as this is local you could lose signal completely and it will stil record just fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM