DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up Grading

charliej

Reactions
I have been a regular Spark user for some time and have just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum and waiting delivery. Any tips for moving from a Spark to a Mavic? Are they vastly different? Any advice or 'watch out for' tips would be welcomed.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
. ?.

Reactions: charliej
Welcome to the forum! :)

Any tips for moving from a Spark to a Mavic? Are they vastly different?
Control-wise, you won't have any trouble flying a Mavic Pro if you can fly a Spark. It would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the Mavic Pro's features. You can download the manual from the Mavic Pro downloads page.

Any advice or 'watch out for' tips would be welcomed.
You can find lots of tips (for any DJI drone) in this guide:
Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Drone (The Complete Guide)

welcome to the forum as @msinger said if you can fly the spark then you will find the MPP a great UAV the biggest improvement will be the ocusync transmission between the mav and the controller it is very stable and reliable you can also change a lot of the flight control settings in the app to enhance the flight parameters to suit your needs please do read the manual

Reactions: fozzzy and charliej
Well first thing you’ll notice it’s quite. Next thing you’ll notice. It lasts along time. The next thing you notice. Wow no disconnects Well definitely better connection. Then it will hit you wow this is huge. Where you can fly the spark. Will take a learning curve. Lol. Love them both. Gave spark away and I’m ok with that. “Made someone’s day”. Next small one I’ll get will be the air one day. And yes read manual.

Welcome - you will notice a different way to hook to mobile device - use a USB cord - way easier - u picked a good drone - I have 40 charges on each of my batteries - I rarely take them down to 30 percent - I always store them a little over 50 percent - I did a test flight yesterday in windy conditions and i flew from 20 minutes - landed with 30 percent - treat your batteries well and you can fly for a long time - enjoy - oo you will notice the motors start slow then speed up - perfectly normal

Welcome - you will notice a different way to hook to mobile device - use a USB cord - way easier - u picked a good drone - I have 40 charges on each of my batteries - I rarely take them down to 30 percent - I always store them a little over 50 percent - I did a test flight yesterday in windy conditions and i flew from 20 minutes - landed with 30 percent - treat your batteries well and you can fly for a long time - enjoy - oo you will notice the motors start slow then speed up - perfectly normal

I must say I am a little confused as which cable to connect phone to mobile. I use an extended mobile holder so it needs a longer lead than seems to be supplied. Does it require an OTG cable - or was that a Spark thing?

I must say I am a little confused as which cable to connect phone to mobile. I use an extended mobile holder so it needs a longer lead than seems to be supplied. Does it require an OTG cable - or was that a Spark thing?
Sorry mean mobile to RC!

Think of the learning curve when driving a different car than you're used to.

The M2 comes with short cables for C, micro and lightning when mobile is mounted on the RC. It also comes with a 6ft micro and a micro to C adapter. The intent of the 6ft is to connect the AC to your PC, but you can also use it to connect RC to mobile.
Note that the charger has an attached cable to charge the RC. Many have overlooked that cable and used the 6ft until we found the charger cable hidden away on the side of the charger.

Welcome to the forum :)

I have been a regular Spark user for some time and have just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum and waiting delivery. Any tips for moving from a Spark to a Mavic? Are they vastly different? Any advice or 'watch out for' tips would be welcomed.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your MPP. What's nice about the DJI platform is they almost all fly identically. Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111