DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up in Mackinaw City

Ahhh, the famous Big Mac bridge. One of the most interesting parts of Michigan. Good shot...like a postcard photo.

Reactions: MA2 317
Nice shot. I surveyed the lake bed under that bridge several times. Do you know there's still scaffolding standing by the bridge piers?

Update to this thread, while Mackinaw is beautiful, drones are forbidden anywhere on the island according to the official tourist information. Whether that ban is enforceable, I do not know, but be forewarned.

Update to this thread, while Mackinaw is beautiful, drones are forbidden anywhere on the island according to the official tourist information. Whether that ban is enforceable, I do not know, but be forewarned.
Sounds familiar? "Just know that permission is rarely granted."

Article is dated 02-02-2022: Drone Permits – Mackinac Island

Sounds familiar? "Just know that permission is rarely granted."

Article is dated 02-02-2022: Drone Permits – Mackinac Island
Understood. I wonder however how enforceable this 'law' is. NY City enacted their drone law and it was promptly challenged on the grounds that they could forbid owners from taking off/landing on city owned property, but that they had no authority over air traffic or private property. I do not know if this challenge has been tried in court however.

The firearms community has faced similar situations when municipalities enacted laws that were in conflict with state and federal law, and were thus struck down as being unenforceable. Unfortunately, doing so usually involves a person with really deep pockets and/or the backing of an organization, such as the NRA or Second Amendment Foundation. Until the drone community gets such support, fighting such legislation probably will not be feasible. A coalition of drone pilots and manufacturers could be effective if formed but with squabbling that currently exist between manufactures, that is unlikely to happen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad