DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upcoming Travel

marshvet

Reactions
Next month I will be traveling through Barbados to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I have researched this and found out that 1) It is best to store the drone in checked baggage when traveling through Barbados to avoid confiscation 2) The Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority does not answer emails 3) Many people have flown in SVG without a problem and 4) The rules for flying there are vague at best.
I am just wondering if anyone here has any other information to add that may help me make the decision whether to bring my Air 2S or not.
Thanks in advance.

There's several full time Youtubers living on boats that fly drones all over the Caribbean!

As far as I'm aware, batteries should always be hand carried onto the aircraft. If seen on the X-ray in your check-in baggage they will be be held until you open and remove them (maybe miss the flight).
Just back from a return trip to Australia and no problems whatsoever, security didn't even want to check out the drone/batteries. Guess they're used to them by now.

Reactions: 4006448
There's several full time Youtubers living on boats that fly drones all over the Caribbean!
Yes, thanks. I actually contacted 2 of them that specifically fly in SVG. One has not been there for years and the other says no problem but he is native to the area. I am more concerned about airport confiscation!

Yes, you can check bag your drone, and you can put a battery in it.
Keep it in a hard case or packed in a soft bag safely wrapped in clothing etc.

The spare batteries should be taken in a carry on (cabin) bag.
Thank you for your reply. I actually plan to keep all of the batteries in a Lipo bag in my carry on for extra safety. I was hoping to get more specific advise about Barbados and SVG since that is lacking. But, your response is appreciated.

Reactions: davery87
Thank you for your reply. I actually plan to keep all of the batteries in a Lipo bag in my carry on for extra safety. I was hoping to get more specific advise about Barbados and SVG since that is lacking. But, your response is appreciated.

No worries, but it does make sense to pack the drone and controller etc in the checked bag.
They often don't get checked, I'd pack the props separate too, maybe in a toiletry bag ?
Going through customs they will likely ask if you have anything to declare, but unlikely drones aren't on the list.
No is the answer, they may check all bags, but will likely make a cursory check of the drone along with everything else.

No worries, but it does make sense to pack the drone and controller etc in the checked bag.
They often don't get checked, I'd pack the props separate too, maybe in a toiletry bag ?
Going through customs they will likely ask if you have anything to declare, but unlikely drones aren't on the list.
No is the answer, they may check all bags, but will likely make a cursory check of the drone along with everything else.

Thanks for the advice.

Maybe your airline has info on checked versus carry-on based on your destination.

It's more about info to getting it through Customs there (Barbados to St. Vincent and the Grenadines) I think.
Almost all airline policies is pretty straight forward, with just one variation I know of (Emirates).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev