DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update Firmware on Smart Controllers ?

HDrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Both of my Smart Controllers are telling me that there is a new update available . I am hesitant to update the drones based on the troubles many on the forum have had. Do any of you keep the firmware updated on your controllers and leave the firmware alone on your drones ?
Current Version V01.01.0064 to new version V01.01.0072

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Some people update, don't have problems, some, somehow do...

Check YT, usually when there is an update, several drone channels look to see if they can find issues.. one way to check..

If what you have is doing what you use it for and works well, it may not need to be updated. The release notes for updates can provide some information but may not include all that is in the package. Your research idea is the better path. The search option in these forums can provide needed information.

Both of my Smart Controllers are telling me that there is a new update available . I am hesitant to update the drones based on the troubles many on the forum have had. Do any of you keep the firmware updated on your controllers and leave the firmware alone on your drones ?
I just updated my SC today....I have lost track of how many times I have over the last 3 years....I do it over my home Wifi network and never had a problem. Patience, and full charges on the M2P and SC are recommended.

Do you always update both your drone and your SC at the same time ? I want to update my controller and not my drone.
Wanting to make sure I can still connect to my bird after updating just the controller.

Don’t forget of the hundreds of thousands of drones and controllers sold, what issues with firmware updates appear on the various forums represents a tiny minority of all users. Few will post a successful upgrade but those that do are good to observe prior to updating your own firmware. Adding promised new features via firmware will create far more posts from those wanting to be first to tell.

In addition to this very forum, and that from DJI, Google and YouTube can be useful to help decide if and when to upgrade and what to do if the upgrade should, in the unlikely event, fail.

Some firmware updates, particularly feature adds, may require both aircraft and controller be updated. Release Notes should specify. And not forgetting each battery too especially on newer models.

I always update when requested.
3 drones. Three years no problems
Had a dji mini. Mavic air 2. And now an Air 2 S.
All controllers too. No bugs or crashes !
Always has a bullseye on landing. Only had to recalibrate compass once.

My drone M2P updated with no problems. My smart controller gets to 15% then crashes. It does this using the DJI Assistant for Mavic while connected to my laptop, also when I try to update using the controller on wifi.
Make sure the controller is fully charged when attempting to update. If it's not it will fail. I had the same problem.

I updated my SC today ver 01-0072 now cannot even start motors. IMU error 30050 Compass error 30060. Anyone else having trouble

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078