DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update home point & calibration?

Three_Drives

Reactions
Good evening,

I'm just wondering is it recommended to go into the settings and update home point when flying in different locations on different days.? Also how often do others calibrate the compass on m4p? Thank you

The home point is automatically updated when the GPS in the drone has good enough sattellite reception and knows where it is located. You can change the homepoint during flight, but you need to be aware of what that means.
As for calibrating the compass, you very rarely have to do it. If you get a message about magnetic interference it is because you turned on the drone close to some metal that affected the compass. Turn off the drone, move it to a place without metal close by, and turn it on again. Remember that concrete is considered metal because of the rebar irons in it.

Good evening,

I'm just wondering is it recommended to go into the settings and update home point when flying in different locations on different days.?
No .. why would you?
Perhaps you aren't aware that your recorded homepoint is lost when you power off the drone.
When you power on again, the drone has no homepoint until it gets GPS reception again and records a new one.
Also how often do others calibrate the compass on m4p?
Your drone comes from the factory pre-calibrated and it doesn't lose that calibration.
The only time you would need to recalibrate would be after adding or removing an accessory that might change the magnetic fields that are part of the drone.

Even when you might think the drone is suggesting you should recalibrate, you probably shouldn't.

The first post in this thread will give you a better understanding of what compass calibration actually does and when it might be required.

I would suggest you read the drone's manual, that would have answered the question about the home point and probably many yet to be asked questions.
Then ask questions about things, in the manual, that you don't understand.

Reactions: FLDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famousjonny