DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update or not?

Rotorman

Reactions
Hi everyone.
After a disastrous firmware update to my Inspire 1 Pro where it keeps limiting my height to 30m whenever I start a flight or change a battery. I have to close the go app and open it again then all is ok.

Anyway.
My GO 4 app is saying I must update for new geographical zones etc for My Mavic Pro.
I am very nervous of doing this in case something similar happens to the mavic too.

Had anyone had any issues with this new update??
Do not as to ruin something that works perfectly as it is. Just did a great flight over some mud flats and coastal areas in Essex. The mavic was ideal as quick to setup and get going.

Anyone with any advice would be much appreciated
Many thanks.
Dave

I updated this morning, and so far so good. Keep an eye on these forums, as I am sure there are operators who will put the new FW through some tough testing in the following days.

I just updated firmware and seem to have no issues. So glad they've sorted it out and my Inspire Pro issues are also gone now..
Even had a semi night fly to check it out. Camera actually worked surprisingly well in the low light levels.
Dave

Updated the remote controller and Mavic Pro to Firmware V01.03.1000 and flew without issues for 30 minutes. I cannot comment on the upgrade to the image quality as my test flights were dedicated to ensuring gimbal settings and stick movements were put back to my preferred settings. No issues with the update process or the update itself.

Same here -- two flights no issues so far. I'm sure if there are issue they will show up in this forum shortly.

Upgraded to 1.03.1000 this morning and it seems like video transmission is very sketchy and drops out within 1500 ft. It could be coincidental but I am going to try a downgrade to previous version, .900, if it allows, to see if there is any improvement. Will report back shortly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake