DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated "Attitude Indicator", Fly v1.4.8

Pappy

Reactions
DJI finally improved the usability of the Attitude Indicator for aligning the RC antenna with the aircraft. The blue dot (RC) is no longer under the yellow HP marker and the direction arrow has been changed to a brighter green color. I now find it useful at long distances, whereas before the upgrade the blue pointer was too difficult see.

A before and after capture at the same distance from RC..

1625692173954.png

Thanks Pappy for the before and after pictures.

I haven't upgraded yet but have read the release notes and had seen there's an improvement in the indicator.

Last edited:
DJI finally improved the usability of the Attitude Indicator for aligning the RC antenna with the aircraft. The blue dot (RC) is no longer under the yellow HP marker and the direction arrow has been changed to a brighter green color. I now find it useful at long distances, whereas before the upgrade the blue pointer was too difficult see.

View attachment 131647
Thanks for the info, the only thing is I don't remember or don't know how to get to that view, I've only seen the map of the immediate area I'm in, sort of looks like google maps. I guess there is a toggle that I've read about but didn't really know about. Still learning, Thanks

I guess there is a toggle that I've read about but didn't really know about. Still learning, Thanks

Yes.

Tap the lower right corner of the map for the indicator.

The top left corner will lock / unlock the map so that North is at the top.

The lower left minimizes the map.

Top right is zoom, I think. ?

Last edited:
I'm on FLY 1.22 and use the little map in the corner for orientation. It works so well I can't imagine doing it any other way!!
Thanks so much for the info, I'm confident that my problem is solved. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks so much for the info, I'm confident that my problem is solved. Can't wait to try it out.

I'm struggling to understand how this new indicator could possibly help align the controller antenna with the aircraft or why anyone would ever want to look at it.

I'm struggling to understand how this new indicator could possibly help align the controller antenna with the aircraft or why anyone would ever want to look at it.

I suppose it would have it's uses.

If anything, on a windy day, you can see the tilt of the aircraft compared to the gimbal keeping the shot smooth.

Also, when you tap and hold the screen to bring up the gimbal, you can pan the camera left or right without moving the aircraft and this shows up on the indicator.

The blue triangle is the aircraft, the green rays coming from it is the camera direction,

I don't use it myself and preferred the one in the Go4 app when I flew my Spark,

Reactions: JackL

I definitely would like to see the tilt of the aircraft in flight. I wish the app had a simple artificial horizon. Aircraft heading numerically would also he helpful. I think I'll put it on a different tablet and give it a try since you made it sound marginally useful. Thanks.

Prior to 1.4.8, the direction arrow had always been blue; with 1.4.8, it now switches between blue and green in the course of a flight, seemingly without rhyme or reason. Does anyone know what the colors represent?

Image of the attitude indicator (showing the blue arrow) with 1.4.8:

Crop.jpg

I just found another enhancement to the Attitude Indicator after reviewing my visual flight log (AZ Screen Recorder while in the air). Orange markers appear in the "Attitude Indicator" to show obstacles relative to the aircraft.

In the screen snapshot you can see the regular rear obstacle warning (bottom middle) AND the same obstacle is represented in the "Attitude Indicator" with the orange squiggle line
1625718863121.png

Prior to 1.4.8, the direction arrow had always been blue; with 1.4.8, it now switches between blue and green in the course of a flight, seemingly without rhyme or reason. Does anyone know what the colors represent?

Image of the attitude indicator (showing the blue arrow) with 1.4.8:

View attachment 131654
When the indicator is lined up with the aircraft it will change from blue to green.
1625719712342.png

View attachment 131647
this is a welcome change. Thanks for pointing it out.

Version 1.4.8 (1120) works very well on my Smart Controller. Switching from Air 2S to Mini 2 and vice-versa is perfect. Just can’t get the obstacle advice info on the new atitude indicator flying my Air 2S. This feature only works on IOS or android phones? Did some one had same experience

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure